Prophesy

by jeanniebeanz 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well, over the years we as witnesses have endured many failed prophecies from people who claim to have God's Cell Phone Number. It got me wondering, how much worse could we do individually?

What predictions do you all have for, say, the next 50 years? Anything: world peace, Second Coming of Christ, banning of all religion, diet fads?

HAVE AT IT!

Jeannie

• Valis
    Valis

computers that fit together like a puzzle instead of being connected by hard wiring...all wireless input, processing, storage and output.....Amen.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

July 25th, 2022: World War Three. China invades Taiwan, which just declared full independence. The US, in a strategic alliance with the Taiwanese drags them and the rest of NATO into the war. Then the Chinese allies: mainly Russia and Brazil will join in. This will eventually lead to the collapse of the US foreign influence as they are already overextended in the middle east, their army goes as it did in Vietnam. China emerges as a world power and India is it's new rival. Then second cold war begins...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

2012 the human race we begin to ascend to a higher frequency vibration state. Also known as the dawning of the age of Aquarius, Aquarius, Aquarius. Harmony and understanding sympathy and trust abound. No more falsehoods or derisions, golden living dreams of visions, mystic crystals revelation and the minds true liberation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I predict that I won't win the lottery and I won't retire on it.

• fairchild
    fairchild

December 2014 : While the last baby born in 1914 is blowing out a hundred candles on his birthday cake, the now bi-monthly watchtower rolls off the printing presses. On the front page is a picture of a sunrise. Underneath is written..

We are seeing the end of a dark night,

The Spirit has granted us new light.

Open your hearts, let the light shine

If you don't read anything else, read page nine.

On page 9 is yet a new explanation of 'this generation'. "Divine intervention has made it possible for us to have a better understanding of 'this generation'. We are sorry if some over-zealous members have taken our words for granted in the past, and thus built up false hopes that the end of this wicked system of things would come during their lifetime. We have now come to understand that 'this generation' also includes the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of the descendants of the 1914 generation. Specifically, this means that the end of this wicked system of things may be expected in 700 years, counting from 1914 on. We now have a definite date to look forward to, and the beauty of it all is that we (the writers of this article) will be long dead by then, and we won't have to worry about it, should a miscalculation still sneak in.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'm serious about mine BTW, not the date, of course, but I could see that scenario as being likely to happen.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

July 25th, 2022: World War Three. China invades Taiwan, which just declared full independence. The US, in a strategic alliance with the Taiwanese drags them and the rest of NATO into the war. Then the Chinese allies: mainly Russia and Brazil will join in. This will eventually lead to the collapse of the US foreign influence as they are already overextended in the middle east, their army goes as it did in Vietnam. China emerges as a world power and India is it's new rival. Then second cold war begins...

China's having too many problems of it's own right now. It's trying a capitalist system of government with a Communist style attitude about supression of anti-government media and websites. We all know what happens when you start supressing internet sites that encourage disobedience, right? ;)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

August of 2007: Evidence for the Leo Greenless rumors start circulating the internet. Soon, Dateline NBC starts reporting on the Greenless scandal. The JW's try to spin it and say that "Brother Greenless was only a man." It fails. New converts only increase by .3%, negated by an Exodus of 10% of US membership

• Carmel
    Carmel

Third coming of Christ is history so second is mute. Major move within Islam to eradicate radicals, significant detante between Christian and Muslim nations as democracy spreads to Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and other strongholds. Major restructuring of UN with Security Council eliminating veto vote and finally accepts supermajority as adquate. Israel abandons present govenment and adopts secular government with major trade links opening up with Lebanon, Cyria and Egypt. US confronts China on its Tiawan policy pointing to its hypocracy considering Tibet. North Korea struggles with internal revolt by military coup and civil war erupts. China attempts to invade and recieves dirty nuclear bomb for its efforts. Luckily it detonates before reaching heavily populated area. Resulting UN led force inposes the will of its member nations and sets up limited democracy. Takes ten years to reach first free vote.

mo later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit