The Governing Body's Cruel Treatment of the Elderly

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What happens to a person that has given a major portion of the thier life in decades of full time service at Bethel or as a Circut or District Overseer and they get caught not beleiveing the teachings of the WT?

Will the Governing Body live up to its moral obligation to take care of them in their old age? One would think that they would. After all these people have claimed a vow of poverty, and have put very little money aside for retirement because they served the Organization full time and had no money to put aside. Why? Because they believe the teachings of the Governing Body. So what happens to these poor souls that fall into disbeleif and make a accidental slip of tongue that causes them to be brought before a committee on charges of disbeleif??

Will the Governing Body live up to its obligation to these poor souls or will they throw them to the curb by kicking them out of Bethel without any type of severance pay or retirement benifits? The Governing Body has in the past kicked such unfortunate persons out of Bethel,,and out of the congregation and into the street without so much as a giving them a dime in retirement benifits. This gives a very bad witness as they say.

How can the WT in good conscience print encouragement to the rank and file to treat the elderly with respect and human kindness if they do that and yet they have done it whenever the situation presents itself.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

They don't care about anyone who longer believes or questions their doctrines. Remember in JW world their is no tolerence for mistakes. Just the same way the d'f the common JW, they can kick you to the curb regardless of how many years of loyal and faithful service you have provided. It's all or nothing for them.

Dragonlady76

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I know one man who was in Bethel for about 40 years. He sometimes posts on this board. Because of being in Bethel so long he doesn't receive any money from the Canada Pension Plan, just a pittence from Old Age Security. He does whatever work he can at an age when he should be enjoying his retirement.

Walter

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I can't speak for all of the CO's or DO's of course but we would be fooling ourselves if we didn't realize that these guys actually make a lot of cash "under the table". Sometimes I used to give $50-100 to the CO's when they came buy, imagine if say 20 people/families did that, thats $500-1000 per congregation and they have approx. 20-30 per circuit. Remember this is non-taxable cash and they have all of their expenses paid by the congregations that they visit and the branch pays their medical, dental and they get a new car every 3 yrs or so and a free place to stay. Not too bad if you ask me. If they save or invest well they can actually have a decent retirement.

To actually respond to your thread though (sorry for sort of going off subject) yes it is cruel that they have done that. Its really the opposite of what christ said to do for elderly and infirmed, widows, etc. isn't it?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

How many old timers at Bethel have the Governing Body kicked to the curb besides Dunlap and Franz along with thier wives? How many continue to live at Bethel in fear that if they ever slip up and say what they really feel? They know from the examples that the Governing Body has made of Dunlap and Franz what would happen to them if they slip up and express and disbelief or doubt,, that they could wind up on the street begging for food maybe even living inside a cardboard box. The Governing Body will have no mercy on such ones,,you can be sure of that.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There was an old man in his nineties mentioned on a thread here, who expressed a doubt about 1914 invisible coming who was disfellowshipped. he had no family as far as I remember and he died alone in a nursing home.

Maybe someone can remember. I spent so much time here when I first lurked I went goggle eyed.

Wake up and smell the love.

HB

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How can the WT in good conscience print encouragement to the rank and file to treat the elderly with respect and human kindness if they do that and yet they have done it whenever the situation presents itself.

Pricks

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Will the Governing Body live up to its obligation to these poor souls or will they throw them to the curb by kicking them out of Bethel without any type of severance pay or retirement benifits?

Well they are not Christian so what do you think the answer is?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Still,

Well they are not Christian so what do you think the answer is?

I think we can't say that they are not christians, just because they don't fit our preconcieved ideas as to what a christian should be. It's funny how christians use that judgemental type statement when anybody claiming to be christian doesn't meet up to what they think a chrisitian should be.

I'm sure the Governing Body says the same thing about those of the elderly they kick to the curb namely: "Well they are not real Christian anymore, therefore have no obligation to treat them humanly".

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit