Can 'the truth' survive the Internet?

by Noumenon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Any essay which uses the phrase 'American Values' in the first sentence immediately gives me the willies. Because any sensible person with a modicum of honesty knows that America was built on a lot of things ... most of which, had little or no value.

taylorS

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

In my opiniont this article should be brought to the top for a while. Although it is a long article it is on target and a must read. Truly the best description of what is going on and where it is going. A measured, insightful summary of how lethal the internet is to authoritative structures and ,in particular, the WTBTS.

• franklin J
    franklin J

there are poor souls who will follow it no matter what facts are presented to them; they simple have nothing else to worship and are comfortable with their beliefs....THEY NEED TO KEEP THE EQUILIBRIUM THEY HAVE for survival.

• upside/down
    upside/down

"Yikes!" - WTBS

• AlanF
    AlanF

I don't believe the Watchtower will survive the Internet -- at least, not in anything like its present form.

AlanF

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: Can 'the truth' survive the Internet? Can it survive the automobile, tea bags, plastic bags, supermarkets, cell-phones is there anything else you would like to add to the list?

and oh yes! can it survive forums like this?

and can we survive Armageddon?

the common answer to all these questions and any others you may care to append is a simple

Yes/No (strike out that which does not apply)

• jaredg
    jaredg

whatever happens i wish it would just hurry up.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Things like "the automobile, tea bags, plastic bags, supermarkets, cell-phones" don't spread the truth about "The Truth", dostprefer. Your analogy is as stupid as all of your other gadfly comments have been.

AlanF

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

dostprefer , consider just how relevent is the article by noting the following quote :

" But you can also tell it to patrons of the Internet who threaten other patrons, call them morons and fools, distract them with irrelevant issues, or simply lie about the facts. On H2O, as on any other website, people who kept doing these things suffered the worst civil penalty that an individualist society can inflict: they stopped being taken seriously."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Very well writen article.

No I don't see the so-called "truth" surviving the onslaught of exposer of the internet.

The internet is a very useful tool to do research on a host of subjects. Google searches bring up lots of good info and is becomeing more and more useful every day,,my life has change dramatically in just a few short years because of it.

Children growing up in the information age will get more and more adapt in useing the net that will no doubt put us older ones to shame. This useful tool is not going to diminish as times goes on, but will become a nessessity of life just like the automoblie, and flush tiolets have become a nessesity. The internet levels the playing field for both the rich and poor, the organiztion and the indiviual. This leveling spells disaster for the WT and they know it,,I'm sure many a Governing Body member lies awake at night worrying what is happening to thier little world as the face the hour of complete exposer. It is hard for me to imagine that the GB don't surf the net and take a peek at what everybody is saying about them, if they don't surf the net then they are hopelessly stupid and have buried their heads in the sand or up thier ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit