Can a person have his baptism nuliified if he was too young when baptised?

by William Penwell 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Bluegrass Tom,

I messged you my email address. Thanks for your help.

Will

• zman
    zman

BUT...............................people can be "re"baptised if they feel the first was not valid. So thats sets a precident, baptism can be invalid! The Society allows this nullification as long as one is baptised over. So what if you declare your babtism invalid and choose not to be rebaptised? Again the bottom line is they make the rules, but it is a nice thought, part of a "black ops" project in my mind! I was baptised at 13 worst decision ever so I think of every possible way to reverse it. I hope we find a way out, zman

ps if you could get me that link that would be great (anulled baptism)!

• Carmel
    Carmel

"In the Gospel according to St John, Christ has said: 'Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.'[1] The priests have interpreted this into meaning that baptism is necessary for salvation. In another Gospel it is said: 'He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire'.[2]
    [1 St John iii, 5.]
    [2 St Matthew iii, 11.] 82

Thus the water of baptism and the fire are one! It cannot mean that the 'water' spoken of is physical water, for it is the direct opposite of 'fire', and one destroys the other. When in the Gospels, Christ speaks of 'water', He means that which causes life, for without water no worldly creature can live -- mineral, vegetable, animal and man, one and all, depend upon water for their very being. Yes, the latest scientific discoveries prove to us that even mineral has some form of life, and that it also needs water for its existence.

Water is the cause of life, and when Christ speaks of water, He is symbolizing that which is the cause of Everlasting Life."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p. 81)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think if you try to do that, they would disassociate you, because it is so obvious that you don't want to be a JW.

So, what's the difference?

• Satanus
    Satanus

How about if you claimed that you wanted to be rebaptised cus you felt that your original wasn't heartfelt or whatever. Then, when the time comes for the redunk, get sick, get stuck in traffic, get lost, have second third thought, say you need more time, or some other excuse. Voila; since they allowed that you needed rebaptism, then you are now unbaptised.

S

• blondie
    blondie

The thing I remember is that baptism is not something unique to JWs or the WTS.

I think you seek nullification because you want to avoid the shunning that follows with DAing and DFing. Remember that even if a person is inactive they can be shunned. I have seen JWs who are baptized and have not done anything to be DF'd for still shunned as if they had (marking).

If you haven't already DA'd yourself or been DF'd, I would just be inactive and avoid doing anything in public that might lead to DFing.

You could pursue this in court, but you would probably be setting precedent and based on the long road abuse survivors have had to take against the WTS, it will not be quick.

Just my 2 cents

Love, Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8

WP, It might be possible. I personally have not seen it in writing though....doesn't mean it isn't in writing somewhere.

Another option for you is to write a letter to your elders requesting all of your records be destroyed. You will be considered to have disassociated if you do.

If a baptized person insists that he does not want to be part of the congregation and requests that his name be removed from all our records, we should comply with his request. Since he takes such an adamant position, encourage him to put his request in writing.

If he refuses to do this but states resolutely before witnesses his decision to disassociate himself and not be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, the witnesses to his statement would be asked to put this in writing and sign it.--Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock, pg. 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit