Please answer this for me

by jayhawk1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks one and all for your thoughts. I do want to get more opinions too. I know I am doing nothing wrong, but I do want your support. I have lived on my own for 6 years, so when my friend wanted to move in, I said yes. It will be fun to have somebody to share my house with for a change. We plan on doing many activities, and if the Elders come over here, I have a disassociation letter ready. I am surprised nobody has been by in the last year. August 27, 2000 was my last meeting, so it shows how much they care about me anyway.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Lindy
    Lindy

Bitter Mango,
    Yes, he did say like cousins, but are they "kissing cousins"?
    Lindy

Jayhawk,
    I wrote the below and my computer ducked out on me when I sent it. I came back and see that you really did make up your mind already but...you can read my advice anyway.
    Lindy

JH,
    I think you are only kidding yourself. An 18 year old girl and an "older" man? In time the tides will turn. If she moves in and stays for a while I think things will get a bit difficult to handle. But you are both adults and you really can do what you'd like. I am a 52 year old mom and grandma and a mother to a 19 year old girl and a almost 22 year old girl and a 33 year old son. In my experience and in seeing the experience of my children, this situation will not be platonic for to long. You are playing with fire.

You most likely have your mind already made up. My true advice, find a male roommate if you don't want to eventually ruin your relationship with your cousin-like girl friend.

You may not be thinking of her like a girlfriend now but that might change when your imagination kicks in when you see her in her nighty or you start thinking of her in the neighboring bedroom, alone at night. Movies are made from story lines like this...why? because it is happening in real life.

Just my thoughts on the matter based on my own and my childrens experiences.

Lindy, wishing you the best.

I just read this question to my very bright 21 year old daughter. Her question is to you...."Why do you ask, and why does it matter what anyone thinks?" "If you had no doubts on the matter, then you wouldn't be asking." She said, "When in doubt, don't". You know why she said that? Because she has not always listened to her own doubts and it has gotten her into a problem or two. Just her 2 cents also.

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

too big of an age difference. she is only 18, if you are 25 as you say. young girls tend to fall hard and fast when they least expect to. they claim no feelings, but let me tell you...as soon as you bring another female into the house, a significant other, the girl may get jealous unvisibly, and the hostilities will begin. It's a tough call, but you have to do what you think is right. I just hope you can deal with any reprocussions.

My regards and good wishes,
    Joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit