What world scenario would make you go back?

by Qcmbr 27 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

The only thing that would get me though the doors again would be the fureral of a dead loved one,Wife sister ect.

• Es
    Es

Im with many here, nothing what so ever would ever make me want to go back to that.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm on the no return point ... they've been too far on the messing up side !
    they can't fight against any world scenario they'll only ask you to wait for THE D DAY anyway and losing your time telling others the same thing

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: What world scenario would make you go back?

The best scenario is to look truthfully at what is one's own heart.

We could be surprised at what we find there,

Too hard an ask for most people, but 6 million are hanging in there and over 250,000 are newly giving it a go.

Why not give THEM a fair go? Or is this also too hard an ask?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Monkeys flying out of my butt.

Add to that finding the body of Jimmy Hoffa in my freezer, a surprise live performance by Elvis in my livingroom, that the bank would waive the remaining payments on my new Mustang, and the group Thunder from Down Under would teach my hubby to dance like them in a g-string, and I'd consider it. J

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey Dost, I gave them a fair chance, actually gave them multiple fair chances. and my parents gave them a good chunk of my childhood and you know what, they have failed. On every level, in everyway imaginable they failed miserably. Yeah, 6 million poor deluded souls, makes me sick to think of it to be honest with you. And another couple hundred thousand duped into joining behind a web of half truths and deceit makes me equally sick. Yeah, hanging in there is right, certainly not their because of any real joy, just fear and manipulation keeping them in line. Very moving.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Can they surpass the joy I have in worshipping Christ?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

dostprefer - not a chance mate - the JWs offer me a lot less than I've already got :) In fact this is what you'd be asking me to do:

1/ Give up a living prophet and loads of extra scriptures including a prophets inspired ranslation of the bible for the jolly green giant bible which doesn't even have the claim of being translated / corrected by prophets.
    2/ When I die you want me to cease to exist - I won't even be present when I'm judged - as opposed to living on sans body until the resurrection. I mean ask Peter Pan to live without his shadow.
    3/ I have to stop believeing everyone has a chance in this life or the next to accept Jesus but even if they reject Him that they will be given a place that will make them happy - instead I have to join in hoping I've done enough and that everyone else is stuffed and then on top of that all the anointed rulers (which I missed the boat of joining)come from Philadelphia. I'm a brit - no disresepect to you yanks but ...Philadelphia!
    4/ I have to risk the blood transfusion thing - 'cos that's exactly what they were getting at in the bible.
    5/ I have to give up believing that everyone who wants to join the church has to be baptised (so no more Mormon baptism for the dead) but then hang on - I have to be baptised to join the JW's otherwise I'm toast .....
    6/ I have to give up the securiy of knowing that if I ever leave the faith I will still have access to family and friends who will care for me just as much as before - for the Good Samaritan role of ...the priest(if my JW colleague / family member leaves) or .. the man beaten up and ignored by the JW priest becasue I fell out. No thanks I love my family and so does my belief system.
    7/ Stop believing that being an Elder does NOT give me any extra rights over my wife - 'No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned' and start believing that I am boss (actually maybe that sounds cool heheh - wife won't go for it methinks)
    8/ Stop reading and educating myself from all sources - I have to stop free thought and spend all my time cramming incorrect light into my head until extra light turns up and then I have to play doublespeak games to say that I never really believed the old light anyway and besides it was some JWs being overzealous etc..
    9/ I have to deny that my prayers up to now have been answered by God because apparently I was praying to the wrong one and about the wrong things anyway I don't need to ask anymore about things I don't understand becasue I can get all the answers in the Awake and Watchtower which though aren't written by prophets they are nevertheless inspired - groovy.
    10/ I have to stop believing in modern day miracles , healing , visions etc.. for..oh JWs dont have any spiritual manifestations or do they....so how is the Awake written???.
    11/ I have to go door knocking for ten hours a month (or is it a week?) and tell people that the world is coming to an end - I spend two years already and told people that God loves them even if they don't want to listen.
    12/ I have to believe in a bunch of made up prophetic dates and get excited about 1914 etc.. which is a crock of point 8. This means I give up my current belief that no man knows the end but that we need to be prepared for all possibilities.
    13/ My beliefs promise that I can be like God in knowledge - I'm not certain what eternity here really entails once the gardens planted for JWs.

Sorry Dost - your not offering me anything better or more fun. Even if you think my lie is a pile of rubbish I think my lie is better than your lie and I'd rather believe mine:)

With a smile and without malice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit