Angst

by onacruse 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Onacruse, if you are experiencing this angst often, you might want to talk to a professional, especially if it wakes you up in a cold sweat.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

But on the serious tip ...

i do understand that panicky feeling which comes out of nowhere for no particular reason. i first started to get them as I kid and still have them to this day. I'm starting to get one now, that empty feeling in my gut ... because I have a million things I need to do today, but I can't get off this computer.

I need an intervention.

tS

• fairchild
    fairchild
    That damnably frustrating anguish about so many things: the "what ifs," the "could have beens, "the should I have...??"

The day I stopped worrying about 'what ifs' and 'could have beens', pretty much changed my life. Unfortunately, the only 'what if' I can't shake off is the what if about religion. Other than that, not worrying about those things definitely makes life a lot simpler.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maaan oh maaan, Craigie-boy. Us deep thinkers gotta come up for air once in a while. I understand that you stand at the cusp of unravelling the meaning of the universe, but you gotta take a break.

The JW's I know have a lot of trouble taking their day of rest, or paying attention to their body's signals. They get sick a lot.

What Dave Thomas said, exactly. Too much internalizing can make you lose yourself in the cosmos. I know, I been there. I bet Dave Thomas has as well. Get out and reacquaint yourself with your external senses. Gardening is very good. I paint. Or go for a walk. And knit. Do it.

Get bikerchick to give me a buzz. I wanna give her some tips to slow you down. The universe can wait a day or two.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Craig, I hear ya buddy, I wake up at 3 am every damn night with anxious thoughts racing.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry, I sleep like a log.

I'd rather "just be".

• new light
    new light
    I believe that angst is intrinsic.

That pretty much sums it up. As long as you believe you must be anxious, or that it is somehow a sign of superior intelligence, you will be a victim of your own unnecessary thoughts. It is possible to turn it off, no matter how much of "it" you have, and when you do you will realize all that worrying was killing you from the inside.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: On the other hand, all of the "wordly" people I've known, and many of whom I still know, demonstrate the very same frustrations.

Those who say life is easy are those who have never really lived it. With religious freedom comes many more paradoxes than without it. Those without it, think they have all the answers. But they don't. Those with it aren't even sure if they have all the right questions, let alone the answers, but at least they are now honest about it. I'd rather be honest and confused than dishonest and not confused and wrong.

Farkel

• Xena
    Xena
    Sorry, I sleep like a log.

I'd rather "just be".

ditto

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Doug, you're a walking, talking contradiction
    But we luvs ya
    LOL

wb