Another Inane Thread

by kaykay_mp 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Here's another bitch session straight from the home office in Elephant Butte, New Mexico:

I just finished my psychology final today (and kicked ass, I might say). Since the middle of the semester, I've had a major teenage-typed crush on the instructor because he's so freakin' cool (but way older than me, say, 50 or something). He is, in essence, my intellectual equal. But anyway, I decided to put a footnote on the test that said, "Remember when I flagged you down that day and I told you how cool you were? You told me to tell the president of the school so you can keep teaching here. Well, I wasn't trying to give you an evaluation. I was trying to ask you out."

I know that a instructor-student relationship is forbidden (though not verbatim in the school policy), but it's the end of the semester, so he's in season now. When I went back 10 minutes later for my grade, he just gives me this "I'm not tellin'" look, then I give him the anticipatory look. He says, "Do you want it?" (Boy, do I ever) Then he gives me my final grade. Same mischievious look as before. I knew he couldn't talk about "the message" so I waited for him for 30 minutes. When I see him outside, I ask him "so, did you read it?" and he says, "yeah." and I go, "so?..." then he says "maybe I'll see you next semester." I say "but you only teach one psych class here." and he says "no, i teach a managerial class too." "that's not on my schedule for next quarter." "oh." "see ya later" "later, mr. XXXXXX"

So I'm guessing that's a no. It's not like I wanted any strings attached. I just wanted to maybe go out for drinks with this guy and have intellectual discussions. I realize that he's at a point in his life where he doesn't need any committment, and I realize that. But he would have been really cool to hang out with. Maybe he's gay, because one of the other students in my class is always talking about how they're going to do a jam session together one day (because they're both musicians)--and he always says yes to him. But that student has a girlfriend. Maybe I'm just talking crazy, or maybe I'm jealous--but do you know how hard it is to find someone so utterly friggin' cool here in El Paso?

laters

kaykay_mp

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

you probably scared the peedoodles out of him!

oh well....his loss!

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Maybe he's gay, because one of the other students in my class is always talking about how they're going to do a jam session together one day (because they're both musicians)--and he always says yes to him.

"Jam session" is not secret code for "clandestine homosexual encounter", ya know.

Perhaps he is committed to another?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    "Jam session" is not secret code for "clandestine homosexual encounter", ya know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaaha

thanks, that was a great giggle!

Sherry

• under74
    under74

Man...kaykay....well, I wouldn't take it too hard.

Even if your school doesn't have it written down that teachers aren't to date students, many teachers don't want to cross that line. The colleges I've attended have had strict policies about student/teacher relationships. Even if an instructor only taught 1 class at a school without one of these policies they wouldn't want to cross the line and possibly have their reputation hurt at other schools.

You'll be alright.

• prophecor
    prophecor

You got guts girl, oopsss, bad english, I mean, you are going to skool so...

You have intestinal fortitude!!!

jk

That took courage Kay Kay, I applaud that. Some of us cool guys might be a little intimidated by that kind of in your face approach, however. Older is OK though. The cream doesn't rise to the surface for most of us guys until well beyond 30, at least it didn't for me. If I live to see 50, I should be the bomb by then. Keep swingin that bat though, with your attitude, you're bound to hit one outta 'da park!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's already involved. Maybe he's scared $h!tless that crossing that invisible line will get him in way more trouble than he's prepared to risk. Maybe it's in his personal or professional code of ethics to not cross that line.

Besides, you know that he's always gonna be way better in your fantasies than anything he can deliver in reality. That's how crushes work.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

That dude should NOT be looking a gift horse (or pretty filly and since I'm a woman that is not being sexist) in the mouth. (That is the saying isn't it?) Perhaps he will realize what he could be missing and come crawling back to you begging for a date! THINK POSITIVE Ms. Kaykay!!

Cathy L.

• cindykp
    cindykp

I hate rejection. Thats why I would never be able to do what you did.! Keep you chin up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit