What Is The Unpardonable Sin?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

In your words, what would be the unpardonable sin?

Give examples...

• Mary
    Mary

Not getting at least 10 hours in Service......geeze, how could you live with yourself?

• JH
    JH

*Supreme one*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

the sin that wasn't pardoned?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

My understanding of "unpardonable sin" within the JW org was to DA yourself for apostacy.

Dragonlady76

• JH
    JH

I can't figure out why there would be an "unpardonable sin". After all, we are all imperfect and God forgives if we ask for forgiveness.

Adam and Eve and Satan were perfect, and they sinned, and they were not forgiven.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I was told it was to disrepsect or challenge the holy spirit, by not doing what i was directed to via the elders. Convenient - for them.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I was always told you would know if you had comitted it becouse your conscience wouldn't bother you anymore.

Mine is bothering me less and less these days...but I don't think it's the way they meant it.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy "against the Holy Spirit." It seems clear from the contexts of the scriptures where mention of this sin occurs, that it refers to a person who deliberately, persistently, and maliciously rejects and opposes the work of the Holy Spirit in his or her life, with full knowledge that he/she is doing so. It is the function of the Holy Spirit to call us to repentance. To finally reject that call is a form of the unpardonable sin. Those who are afraid they have committed it should relax, they haven't. Love, Jaypeeto

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Being a Celine Dion fan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit