Yankee or Dixie? (fluff)

by hemp lover 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

83% (Dixie). Did you have any Confederate ancestors?

At all you damn yankees.

• Thinking
    Thinking

81% Dixie ........I was shocked!!!

lol.......I guess moving to Arkansas fineally rubbed off on me!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

92% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father?

No, but I was born in the southern most city in the Heart of Dixie: Mobile, Alabama. It's the Florida part of Alabama. I was raised in Mobile, then 80 miles southeast of New Orleans in Morgan City, Louisiana and then did Jr. High and Highschool in Atlanta.

My family is Southern going back many generations. They were genteel and well educated people.

My mother's parents hailed from Georgia and Kentucky and she was raised in the heart of grand old Atlanta.

My father's parents were from Montgomery and Mobile. My dad was born in Montgomery and raised in Mobile and for a little while in Denver, Colorado.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So how the speck did I end up in Slovakia? Just fell asleep one day and woke up in Eastern Europe.

I'm in Baltimore. I think the Mason/Dixon line runs through here, so I guess I'm 50% each.

I've noticed that Southern accents somehow missed the boat on the Mason Dixon line. No one hipped folks in Southern Indiana and Ohio to the common belief that southern accents end north of the Mason Dixon line.

Someone said to me, " South of Indianapolis is really Northern Kentucky and North of Indianapolis is really Southern Michigan and the folks that live in Indy are confused as spell.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

45% yankee

I was hoping for more Dixie. I am from both ends of the spectrum, being from the great Lakes with a southern father.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I was hoping for more Dixie. I am from both ends of the spectrum, being from the great Lakes with a southern father.

Hey, we'll teach you. You can be a southern man if'n you really want to. Know what I mean? We're honored to have you.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

49% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

lol, I did'nt even know about Dixies (or that large sandwhich - never heard of it - choose hero random but don't know what was mentioned)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    lol, I did'nt even know about Dixies (or that large sandwhich - never heard of it - choose hero random but don't know what was mentioned)

CW, they didn't give the choice on the sandwich question of poyboy. When I lived in south Louisisana, we called them poboy sandwiches. The term started as poor boy and evolved into poboy. My favorite was a fried shimp poboy and hamburger poboys from Ovey's in Bayou Vista were excellent.

Dixie is short for south of the Mason-Dixon line. You can look this up here on line for more info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit