WATCHTOWER AND TOBACCO INDUSTRY???

by chuckyy 97 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary

Good Lord! How does the GB sleep at night??!! They DF'd thousands for smoking because it's "unclean" and "defiling your body"....which is true enought, but then they are accepting money that's been invested with a giant cigarette company like Phillip Morris?? What the hell are they thinking of??!!

Bunch of stinking hypocrites.................

• Voyager
    Voyager

Mary:

Good point Mary. You hit the nail right on the head. What hypocrites!

Nobody is pulling the wool over your eyes thats for sure!

Thanks Mary, and keep up the good work!

• jwsons
    jwsons

Don't they stumbling many brothers and sisters. Do they? Their name (WTBTS) still be there. Still receiving donations from H Riley Trust Fund and actually H.M. Riley was established only for WTBTS raise funds. Hopeless. The Pharisees did receive 30 silver pieces from a betrayer (H M Riley). jwsons

• rebel8
    rebel8

Eduardo, thanks for that info. It clarifies your position. It seems then, that your non-objection is philosophical rather than legal.

Do I care if a charity accepts proceeds from tobacco industry investments? No, not really. The reason I am bothered by the WTS doing so is their constant proclamation that they are morally blameless, and their demand that their members be so as well....all the while doing things secretly that violate their own rules. What bothers me is the hypocrisy, not the source of funds. This situation provides yet another important opportunity to show current and prospective dubs how their "religion" is not what it claims to be. It demands full and unquestioning adherence to their strict rules, to the pain of disfellowshipping and death. Yet it does not apply that same standard to itself.

This double standard is a classic symptom of a cult.

• Mary
    Mary
    Eduardo said: Jesus said that it was not what goes into a person's mouth that defiles the one, but rather what proceeds "out of the mouth" that causes defilement (and sin). Likewise, it is not the origin or the intaking of money from a "tainted" "objectionable" "polluted" "unscriptural" "un-Christian" source that "DEFILES" the Society (or any Church) BUT RATHER it is how those worldly riches are put to use (or expended).

So what if some of the money from this trust came from investing in a bordello, or house of ill-repute? Would their "Christian Conscience" allow them to accept that money? For a group that likes to pass themselves off as "God's Channel" here on earth, would this not be considered "limping upon two different opinions?" ( 1 Kings 18:21)

1 Corinthians 10:21 says: "...YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of "the table of Jehovah" and the table of demons.." Seeing as they're always telling US this, maybe they should take their own stinking advice.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Rebel8:

Mary:

Both of you make excellent applications to the true hypocrisy of the Watchtower, thats for sure.------They judge, jury, and prosecute others, while doing much worse themselves. Just like the Pharisees!

Thanks!

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

But as for the subject of this irrepressible thread, the bottom line for me is that I do not fault the Society for either refusing to accept the funds of this specific trust or for not making a better effort to monitor all such donations and sources; because frankly, I don't expect the Society to have such high moral standards.

-----------------------Eduardo

so then why are you even on this site Ed ? You're willing to waste time and life discussing the morals of what you deem an immoral society ? Isn't that called "gossip?" Or perhaps you never had the pleasure of discussing morals with one who was disfellowshipped for (gasp!) smoking tobacco ?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

But as for the subject of this irrepressible thread, the bottom line for me is that I do not fault the Society for either refusing to accept the funds of this specific trust or for not making a better effort to monitor all such donations and sources; because frankly, I don't expect the Society to have such high moral standards.

-----------------------Eduardo

ok..........but it's acceptable that the SOCIETY instructs a brother or sister to DISASSOCIATE ONESELF FROM A FAMILY MEMBER for INDULGING in the same product that the WTS failed to monitor it had profited from............duh, NO, I'm not brainwashed......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit