Run In With Ex-Father-In-Law (Elder/PO)

by adelmaal 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Stories like this slay me.

I think he was not only disrespectful to you but to your daughter, too.

He's viewing her as a possession and was playing 'keep away' with you.

If he really respected her and had regard for the sanctity of the child in his possession, he would recognize and support the appropriate discipline that was supposed to be administered at school and just give you the simple information you requested.

What a jerk. I feel bad for your daughter. And he doesn't seem to be doing such a good (over the past several decades???) of raising responsible, self-sufficient people. I sure would be concerned for my child's well-being while in his care or presence. I'm sure he has attitude with her, his children and his wife.

A side thought... Your opening dialog on the phone. Maybe he's offended that you didn't acknowledge him personally in the greeting. Simply went right to xxx's grandma without greeting him and identifying yourself. Just a thought...

He's still a jerk and probably still we be for a few more years - !!

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Oh!!

I would absolutely press this issue. I would commit it to writing. Print out your documentation here. Consider taking to your attorney.

When I dealt with this sort of thing (my dad being evasive about my niece's whereabouts while she was in my care (2000 miles from her parents) I was LIVID. My dad never heard me use obsenities until that day. 'Don't f*ck with me when it comes to taking care of Megan or any other child. Don't f*ck with me on this.' When he finally told me where she was, He got it again: 'Don't EVER f*ck with me like that.' He was WAAAY out of line and my nieces parents backed me up. He was not allowed solo visits for 6 more years.

Ooooo this stuff steams me....

-Aude.

• Mary
    Mary

Am I crazy? Did I overreact?

You gotta be kidding me....."overreact"? This asshole is lucky he has you for a daughter in law and not me.

• TMS
    TMS

"Document. Document. Document.

Attorney, Social Services, all of them. This week"

That's very good advice.

tms

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't know if you have a legal case here - not a lawyer. But I feel for you in the nonsense they put you through here. WOW - what jerks.

I know when out daughter was going thru a bunch of personal problems and we tried to keep her from just leaving the kids with whomever, whenever, and for however long [much like your x did in this case for a week] - we were told by the authorities that we had no case - while her kids were legally in her custody she could choose to leave them with anyone she wanted. Don't know if the same applies in your state - I think that is a bunch of hooy though - who knows what could happen.

Good luck to you

Jeff

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It was rude of your ex to not inform you he'd be out of the country! I wouldn't leave her there again if he won't be home. And the grandfather is a jerk.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Am I crazy? Did I overreact?

You gotta be kidding me....."overreact"? This asshole is lucky he has you for a daughter in law and not me.
    Honest Mary you crack me up.

• avishai
    avishai
    Document. Document. Document.

Attorney, Social Services, all of them. This week.

Yup. Especially because her dad lives in the grandparents house. That is sooo BS.

• franklin J
    franklin J

No , you are not crazy; your daughters grandfather is.

I would make sure your daughters father is aware of the exchange.

In no uncertain terms I would tell your daughters grandfather that unless he changes his attitude I will contact my lawyer about his visitation rights and make it legally impossible for him to have any visitation. due to his deceipt and refusal to communicate to you, concerning your childs welfare. Such " Watchtower elder arrogance" will only respond to a higher, legal authority; namely, "Ceasars Court".

If it makes you feel any better ( when your daughter is not around) I would then verbally blast the old codge for daring to assume such authority of a mother over her child.

• Gill
    Gill

Now, now people! Calm down here!

We should all know by now that being a Jehovah's Witness gives a person the right to act like a complete and utter ass hole, jerk, ignorant git etc! Afterall Jehovah has chosen them, them alone and only them!

What do you expect God's chosen people to act like!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit