confused Im a non JW and my boyfriend is one of the JWs

by sun_dae 34 Replies latest social relationships

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

I say if you love this guy, love him enough to let him go and let him maybe find a JW sister. Be selfless and not selfish.

That's what i always imply to him. That I am not a baptised JW and may change mind later. I told him I am not promising him forever but as long as he wants me to stay I will stay with him. He says he's not looking for anybody else.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If you are having doubts about the JWs Sweetheart.....

.... telling him after the wedding nuptuals is really bad timing

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Now that we are married he has a change of heart. If i had known that this was going to happen.... i never would have said i do.

Happtey, if he still loves you because of the person YOU ARE, he hasn't had a change of heart.

• love11
    love11

Your confused ?.... then the brainwashing has already begun. Look... Really Look... at your relationship as if you were hearing someone elses story. That feeling... that feeling of somethings not right but you're not sure what it is or how to explain it. That is your intuition kicking in ... listen to it. And for God sakes make sure he wears a rubber.

• checkmate1996
    checkmate1996

5 months is a drop in the bucket to cut your losses. I don't mean to sound harsh, but after you get married and have kids it only gets worse. The longer you wait the the harder it gets, sound cliche, but it's that way for a reason.

My .02 is save yourself first. Completely understand what the JW organizational is really about. Be prepared to back up your research scripturally. So when you do get into a heated discussion you don't get twisted.

Also, loving someone because they serve God is definately NOT wrong. That's a great attribute. However, in this context, you are both serving the GB as long as you believe in JW; which is a TOTALLLY different story.

God Bless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit