Opposition to this site

by Crumpet 37 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I feel a huge need to be on this site every day I dont know if its healthy, but I know I need it

One day I just want it to be a background subject but at the moment its a big part of my life its helping me to cope

my husband used to come on here but does so less and less. Infact I think it just works him up

He never thinks about the org has no emotional ties and has gone back to the way he felt before he came about 10 years ago

He just plays the game (and hates it) for me, and my daughter whos still in

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

chuckling and feeling quite normal! thanks to everyone. there wasnt a comment there that was awry.I never heard so much sense in my life! I will save this thread to show him when he is amenable to the concept.

And i think the only way to let him see you guys are normal and fun is to drag him to an apostafest. Anything going on in Toronto Canada in May that i can engineer to coincide with a holiday?

(truth about truth - your humour matches his - brutal, funny and to the point.!)

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

What do they say "nothing is more dangerous than large groups of stupid people", what does that mean about us? We definately aren't stupid...most of us anyway.

There is real power in this group.

• kazar
    kazar

I am new to this site. I stumbled onto it about six months ago. The comments from everyone truly helped free me from the JW's after 30 years. My son so often critized the JW's. Actually, he hated them. But when I was so excited about finding this site and the comments, how happy and free I was, he said I was "obsessed". It's a common problem even among those who are familiar with JW beliefs.

Maybe I am. I don't care, no I don't care.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I do "cock" for him ...and "cook" for that matter too Barney! LOL! To clarify though I don't mind him expressing an opinion and he does pay the phone bill, and all the other bills for that matter so I do have to respect his wishes to an extent and he hasnt said I can't come on here as such. Just has a lot of pent up anger at the witnesses and the fact that I have no family that he can ever meet, nor any old friends. He cant understand a faith that separates parents and children and parents that acquiesque with it.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LOL Little Toe!

And thanks re the apostabbq news too!

And I totally agree with wanderlust guy - I have rarely come across a site where everyone seems so intelligent. Makes me feel pretty dumb at times, especially given that I didnt leave, like so many here, because they questioned the truth. I never questioned it - I truly believed everything despite being out a long time, despite reading both Franz books. I left to try the forbidden fruits and I do wish at times I had left for nobler reasons. But hey I am getting there with the help and information from you guys here.

Thanks folks.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Many left because they just didn't believe it enough, disinterest, inability to follow exacting/arbitary standards, were kicked out, so you needn't feel in any way "lower class" because of your means of exit. In many respects, those who were kicked out but still believed it to be right, have had the hardest road to travel! Respect!!!

Just enjoy the freedom that is "now"!!!

• Golf
    Golf

Crumpet, let me say, you've come at the right time. The truth is, some in the past were miserable SOB's. This forum is more humane.

As a father of six children,here's my suggestion. Don't expect miracles from anyone, this way you don't get disappointed.

Nothing is ever accomplished by being negative. Take everything in stride and ask 'innocent' questions. Your friend is upset, no need to upset him any further because your going to get upset, and all for what?

Applying common sense in awkward situations helps a great deal.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit