Wanderlustguy and his addiction to JWD - admitting he has a problem

by wanderlustguy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

You...you...people. I blame all of you, every stinkin one of ya. I just looked up and realized I lost 3 hours of my day to this place. It always starts so simply...just a quick glance to see whats up. What has seven006 been saying to wake up the disillusioned? Has dragonlady76 been tossing fireballs at defd today? What's the big question from minimus? Did getbusyliving ever find his shirt?

So why am I drawn here? Why am I posting the same tired subject I see every week? Maybe it's so everyone doesn't forget why this is a great thing. Those three hours I lost probably made me happier than a whole week of vacation before JWD would have. Now I catch myself all the time riding down the highway thinking about things I've read here, and imagining what it will be like to meet some of you one day. Each of you guys can look in the mirror and know you have helped someone else be a little bit more ok with themselves than they were before, touched by something as simple as a hello or a smart-assed comment read here.

There's so many compliments I'd like to put here as a closing statement - but none would be good enough. I am in awe of you.

W

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

this site is quite addictive.

Yesterday I wanted to have a quick 5 min glance and one hour later I was still following defd's thread.

wanna

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

I'm an addict too

• vitty
    vitty

I think I spend more time thinking about org now, then when I was in

I also dream about it in one way or another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so sad

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Did getbusyliving ever find his shirt?

LOL. No.

I also am addicted.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I am in awe of you.

You should be I ROCK!

Actually addiction is a funny thing I was discussing this with a rehab patient one time and he said he wasn't addicted... I asked him how so and he told me "your not addicted until you try to get off the stuff and fail, as long as you don't want to stop and don't ever try to stop your not an addict..." Maybe your an addict but until you try to stop you'll never know! Hope you don't try anytime soon!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Kinda like AA being full of quitters?

• startingover
    startingover

Wanderlustguy

Only 3 hours?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

5 now...

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi: My name is Arthur and I'm a JWD addict!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit