Leading double life

by JustTickledPink 44 Replies latest jw friends

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I ran into a young JW I hadn't seen in probably 12 years, anyways, she was the presiding overseer's daughter, perfect little JW... She's now 25 yoa, she is still an active Witness and in fact a sympathizer to their crap but dressed in a low cut top, belly showing, carrying a beer, trolling for guys out a hot spot on a Friday night with a "worldly" friend.

She talked to me for 5 mins and told me she had been DF'd for a year but how horrible it was, she is reinstated and doing good..... BUT everything about her looks said she wasn't a good little JW.

I think more and more hypocrites are being raised in the organization. I wouldn't be able to stand leading a double life, I would much rather be honest and not hiding who and what I am... but there are more young JWs, including ones I would never suspect, that are JWs by day, and regular people at night. I think they are falling into the "Sunday morning Christians" mentality and carrying tons of guilt around with them.

I just wish they would wake up. Her eyes did pop when I said "it's not the truth, it's the bullsh*t."

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Leading a double life is not fun. I did it when I was a teenager only because of the restrictions. I just wanted to be a normal teenager, but that wasn't allowed.

I'm glad that my kids can grow up normal, taking part in after school activities, developing true friendships that carry into their adulthood, the normal course of dating, etc.

cj

• jaredg
    jaredg

JTP....where are you from?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I lead a double life because I love my parents, husband, immediate relatives, and many wonderful friends that happen to be firm JWs.

There's no other way for me at this time. I can't emotionally afford to lose these people, so I guess I'll just put up with the inconveniences of the WTBTS for a little while longer.

There are many of us just in the same boat inside this religious organization. We all know each other by our attitudes and we all hang together, or hang with some other 'worldly' people when we can.

DY - Of the "there are worse situations" kind.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

East Central Florida.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Don't be too hard on her...maybe "doing good" to her (as she is reinstated) means "keeping sane, and not being shun". Maybe she needs to get out in order to not feel oppressed...yet she needs to be reinstated so her parents and family will talk to her. As a teenager I had to lead a double life because I just wanted to be a normal teen. What else could I do? I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Saying you do not believe the religion (baptized or not, teen, child or adult) will change your life and the way your family treats you.

I would get specifics from her, perhaps she needs a support system so she can step completely out? She wants to have a normal life but at the same time, does not want to be shunned. I can sympathize with that.

• vitty
    vitty

At the moment im leading a double life and its bad

But since ive still got family in this is the way its got to be for a while. A friend from my old cong phoned me today and doesnt know ive not been to a meeting for months. Its really hard to listen to her complaining and not being able to say anything

I feel like a hypocrite, but hey I was when i was in so whats the difference

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I wasn't trying to be hard on her, I am sympathetic, what I was trying to say is that the nature of the religion promotes hyprocrisy especially in their youth.

We never were friends, and I doubt I will ever see her again. I don't know any of her contact info, it was just one of those people you meet in passing. Maybe 5 years from now I will see her again and who knows, maybe she'll be out by then.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You know tickled, I don't know if i would call what i and some of my contemporaries did as leading a double life. i mean i never put on any airs at the KH, every pretty much could tell i wasn't with the program, i went because i had no choice in the matter and being a good kid i didn't raise hell and rebel in real loud and obvious ways, but neither did i stick my hand up at the meeting and tell everybody the things i did that weren't according to WBTS teaching. i would call it suffering in silence until i was old enough to do as i pleased.

• cindykp
    cindykp

considering that I am getting df'd in three more days, and my whole family is in the "truth" the thought did cross my mind of getting reinstated so I can associate with them. That way I can lead a double life like some I know. Hang out with worldly business friends, and use that as an excuse that thats ok, cause its business! Take them out to the bars and buy them a few drinks, till 2:am. Play poker, but not for money(yeah right) But they are good association cause they cheat in their marraige, so all is good. Lets not forget a little entertainment at the titty bar! Of course Im sure they wear a blindfold when they go!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit