Does anyone make any money out of the Watchtower org..?

by Qcmbr 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I agree with Mary: you won't see extravagance in the FDS and other top level members.

WTS is 100% tax dodge. So perception is everything. The last flamboyant president was Rutherford in the good ol' days.

Since then what you have is from Circuit Overseer, District Overseer (in the field) and especially at management level at headquarters, a completely funded life including all the perks (free cars, health care, equipment, flights, etc.) all paid for directly or indirectly by the R&F.

Circuit Overseers used to have to carpet-bag from congregation to congregation, staying in JW homes. Then the local circuits started funding RVs and caravans. Now (in the US/Europe) most circuits have a dedicated apartment (at a KH or Assembly Hall) for the CO/DO (at no charge of course). There is a free car (in the US its usually a large Buick, fleet purchased by headquarters). The quality of life of CO/DO's has greatly improved in the last 20 years.

To some that is luxurious life. Play the game and you're on the dole for life. Not bad.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't think there's any kind of financial incentive, though full-time "employees" lack nothing.
    I think the power-trip, for the upper echelons, is probably enough excitement for them...

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

6,000,000 ( members ) mutiplied by $10.00/mo. ( extreme low ball ) = $ 60.000,000.00/mo. multiplied by 12 months = $ 720,000,000.00/yr.

It's my guess that $10.00/ mo. profit per member is minimal. And no one is living large?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Tiger: Sure thats plenty of revenue, but what about all the expenses??

Flights roundtrip from New York for visiting guest speakers. (oh right, paid by the congregation)

Living expenses for CO/DOs (huh, paid by the congregation)

Construction cost of kingdom halls and assembly halls (right, paid by the circuits and congregations with interest)

Legal fees (as charged by volunteer lawyers?)

Property taxes (sorry, no need as non-profit)

hmmm....

• Mary
    Mary
    6,000,000 (members) mutiplied by $10.00/mo. (extreme low ball) = $ 60.000,000.00/mo. multiplied by 12 months = $720,000,000.00/yr. It's my guess that $10.00/ mo. profit per member is minimal. And no one is living large?

As I say, I don't really think anyone's living a life of luxury at the top (compared with what say TV Evangelists do), although I'm sure there's some half-decent perks when you're up at the top. I've never heard any ex-Bethelites complain that the GB are living in the lap of luxury at Bethel. Some have mentioned that CO's and DO's get the cars, apartments medical bills, etc. paid for by the R&F Witness and that's all true, but I don't think these guys are making like $100,000/yr from these sources.

This is NOT the religion to be in for material gain----but it's the perfect religion to be in for power and control.

• sf
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

what money???

• indispair
    indispair

Has anyone noticed when you go to Jehovah's-witness.com that to the right of the forum board there is an option for single JW's. Is this for real? I find it interesting that this is posted at a mostly "apostate" sight. I know this makes money. Check it out. I can't believe this is a real sight for JW's. It seems so, well, you know, not JW like. I thought being single until after Armageddon and no children was still being taught. Someone please reply.

Thanks,

Indispair

• vitty
    vitty

I was wondering about that too. It also has one for bethel tours is that an "official" advert?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit