Can anyone help?

by bagpuss 6 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

After nearly 2 years away from meetings it seems that the local jws have decided that I need 'spiritual help' and my house has become a jw magnet, all offering to be the ones to give me that help.

While they left me alone I was happy to leave them to their beliefs, but now I feel its time to make my feelings known.

I thought I'd start with the UN scandal, but as many here have found they will almost certainly use the library card excuse. I remember being told from the platform that we should never become involved with a political org' even if it was just for non-political reasons eg using facilities, clubs and bars.

While I clearly remember hearing this it would be useful to have something in black and white to support it. Anyone able to help?

Thankg

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Why do you have to justify anything to them? If you have faded, can you just be pleasant but busy and have to excuse yourself after just a moment or two. They'll get tired of it after a while especially since they cannot place any literature with you, lol

It may not matter to you now, but if you express your ideas and it opens you up to shunning, it may be more uncomfortable than you want.

Jeannie

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

True,I don't have to justify myself, but I do feel just as strongly that I don't have to hide what I know. These people come to my door telling me they have the truth. Well I don't believe that and I want them to know why, and as for being shunned that wouldn't worry me at all. I'm in the lucky position of having no loved ones in the org, so nothing would change except the knocks at the door would stop!!!!

Maybe the easy way is to keep quiet but its getting harder to do and I don't think I want to keep quiet and be plesant anymore.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit bolshy but this cat has decided that its time to bite back!!!!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You could look up the article forbidding YMCA membership. Go to the CD and search on YMCA. It states that a JW should not even join just to get access to the pool. The hypocrisy comes into such exquisite focus when you hear the "we only joined to get a library card" excuse.

But keeping quiet might be a good plan, too. You may the cause de jour, but their interest in you will fade and you'll be back to just another inactive JW in a short while.

If you're going to speak up on the UN thing, have the YMCA article handy.

Dave

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    But keeping quiet might be a good plan, too. You may the cause de jour, but their interest in you will fade and you'll be back to just another inactive JW in a short while.

Or disfellowshipped for apostacy. If that dont matter to you then speak up, plant seeds.

• trevor
    trevor
    It may not matter to you now, but if you express your ideas and it opens you up to shunning, it may be more uncomfortable than you want.

I agree with this.

The cost to yourself would be great and unless you are going to have a big impact it is futile to burn bridges for no gain. All the while they talk to you, you have the chance to subtley influence them. Just appearing to be happier now you having left, will make them think.Once you attack them and they start to shun you the opportunity to communicate will be lost.

In any case why give them a reason to justify their conduct. If you remain friendly and kind it makes it harder for them to reconcile their breaking of contact with you. 'Softly softly catch-e monkey.'

If on the other hand you can't stand the sight of the ********* then tell it like it is!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well bagpuss, you're probably engaging in an exercise in futility...you may do very little to change their minds...and you may get DFd in the process. It sounds like your goal is to make yourself feel better by standing up for yourself....which does have value...just be aware that might be the only outcome you achieve.

I have a bunch of info and tons of links on my site that might be helpful to you. www.jwinfo.50megs.com Please come back and post after you talk to them...it's always interesting to hear what happens in situations like yours. Good luck (pagan saying).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit