77th Academy Awards

by Sweetp0985 32 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Is anyone else watching the awards.

They still haven't announced the BIG winner yet, best movie, but so far, is it just me or they couldnt find anyone else to sing tonight? Beyonce' can sing and everything but she's sung 2 songs so far tonight. Then Antonio Banderas sung a song, I didn't even know he could sing....But I thought I heard Chris Rock something like here's Beyonce singing again for the 3rd time, did I hear wrong or have I missed one of her 3 performances.

I can't wait to see who gets best movie, I'm rooting for Ray. Great movie. Ray was a blind pimp and a music genius. But movie showed me things about him you would never know from the music.

YEAAAA!!!! Jamie Foxx got best actor!!!

He really deserved it. If you haven't seen this movie and you like true life movies, You'll love it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

I always watch the red carpet and the beginning skit..

chris rock is no billy crystal! he was amusing but doesnt compare to billy's big show pieces!

hope billy comes back!

• orbison11
    orbison11

just finished watching the awards,,,saw prince (the thorn in my butt)

he had on the gawd awful jw suit ----navy blue jacket and beige pants---how i hated those

he must have fabulous eyelashes, or else he had adorned himself with makeup again:)

wendy

• blondie
    blondie

Best Picture--Million Dollar Baby

Best Director--Clint Eastwood

Best Actor--Jamie Foxx

Best Actress--Hillary Swank

Best Supporting Actor--Morgan Freeman

Best Supporting Actress--Cate Blanchett

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I found the show a bit boring... I mean Chris Rock was so scripted and they wouldn't let him say anything real funny. Though they didn't censor "bullocks," as most Americans don't know what that means (I don't either, I think its a reference to testicles, but I'm not sure). I think that they should just cut out most of the acting and just give out the awards.

PS. I thought it was funny, though, when they kept trying to cut off Hiliary Swank with music.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hey!!!

How come Mel Gibson's "The Passion" was not even nominated for any of the big awards???

How can a movie be number 1 at the box office for weeks and not even get nominated????

NewLight2

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

orbison, I thought those pants were pink...maybe I was seeing wrong....

I gotta see this million dollar baby movie to see whats its all about. heard some good and bad reviews on it..but you can't always go by what other people say.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    How come Mel Gibson's "The Passion" was not even nominated for any of the big awards???

Its all about politics... Million Dollar Baby won because they, as in the entertainment establishment, wish to push the "right to die."

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Brother and Sister Prince arriving at the Oscars

• Badger
    Badger

New Light:

Home Alone was the highest grossing one year...so was Star Wars. and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Spiderman....

Popular doesn't mean the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit