Blood Transfusions Kill Patients, Say Doctors

by JW Ben 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• JW Ben
    JW Ben

The Bible is extremely specific on the sacredness of Blood. The Jews were allowed to eat the marrow in the bones. Small portions of blood would excist in this blood manufacturing plant. However the out right use of blood that was used to sustain the life of an animal had to be returned to Jehovah by pouring it out on the ground and covering it. Its use in scarifices alos highlight the sacredness of it.However when it comes to blood fractions many JWs feel that it is a personal desision to make and that is what the WTS says. One may, or, may not use some blood fractions.

Personally, I do not think that blood is good medicine, nor do I think that the rash use of blood shows a compatant surgon. I would not knowingly take any product that was derived from the blood taken form an other human evem though JWs are abvle to make use of such treatemnnent. Personally I feel that the GB has comprimised on this isue. I will not hold it against any one that in a moment of weakness takes some form of blood product. I my self would never want to do that.

I have had a major car accident in the past, and have been faced with the possibility of blood with my last child so I speak from personal experience and not just of the top of my head.

As I said in the last post, I have never seen any material that 100% says blood saves lives. But for me and speaking only fro me, I accept the Bibles view on blood

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    However the out right use of blood that was used to sustain the life of an animal had to be returned to Jehovah by pouring it out on the ground and covering it.

Let me guess... even though blood is sacred and should be "poured out" on the ground, I'd be willing to bet that you have no problem with your blood being used for medical tests. How is this not an "abuse" of blood based on your reasoning?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I love how people who haven't been in a life-and-death situation and faced w/a choice about blood critcize the decisions of those who have been. JWs believe we are supposed to respect life. So don't criticize those who respect life so much that they will accept basic medical care in order to preserve theirs.

See the other thread for my responses to news articles used to support the JW stance: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/86464/1.ashx

http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/images.shtml Hilarious image library from WTS about medical treatment. Take a look for a giggle.

• jwbot
    jwbot

".However when it comes to blood fractions many JWs feel that it is a personal desision to make and that is what the WTS says. One may, or, may not use some blood fractions." jwben: Could you answer IPsec's questions?

This is something I struggle with and I REALLY want to hear your opinions!

"why is taking 1 Liter of whole blood as a transfusion a gross misuse of the "symbol" of life, but accepting a blood protein which requires DOZENS of liters of blood in order to refine one dose is OK???? In other words, consume 1 liter directly is bad, but consuming dozens of liters indirectly is OK???? Doesn't the "respect the symbol of life" argument fall apart there? It does for me, but maybe you have a different way of rationalizing it."

JW BEN, Please!

• Mary
    Mary

So JWBen, ya lousy coward......where's that information you promised you'd provide for us showing that Witnesses don't get disfellowshipped for "independent thinking"??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

We're still waiting......

Just so everyone knows, here's a private email that this idiot sent me on the subject:

Hi Mary,
    It has been several days sice I have been here and was amazed as to how long it took me to find this thread. Where would you like me to post the quotes. On the "watchtower red flag" thread or for me to start a new thread.

I emailed him back and told him to put in on a new thread which of course, he hasn't done. I guess there's just soooooo much information proving him right that he's just bogged down with trying to decide what to post here.

So come on.......show us this proof that we can be independent thinkers without getting DF'd!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit