What is a site equivalent to this for mormons?

by ithinkisee 16 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Comparisons: Millenial beliefs - return of Jesus very soon. End of present system of things soon. Only one true church - all others wrong. Jesus has returned (though LDS still await the big return where everyone will see Him) Door to door proselyting. Jesus and God the Father different people (though LDS believe Jehovah is Jesus) Paradise on earth after Jesus return. 1000 year millenium. 6000 years of earth's temporal existence (for LDS this is left quite loose - not necessarily the point of creation - just this order of things.) New scripture with continuing revelation(does the Awake and Watchtower count...?) Governing coucil of twelve (I think JW's have this??) Financial commitment (10% tithing - not certain on the JW side)

• blondie
    blondie

Tithing is not a JW doctrine.

The governing body of JWs can be and has been any number, the highest was 18, I think. The LDS pattern theirs after the 12 apostles.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Good site Dave, I think that one is equivalent to JWD for ex mormons.

Blondie as usual you rock!

Kate

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

What Blondie said: and for entertainment,

LatterDay Lampoon

gently feral

• inquirer
    inquirer

seven006 -- There are some great people just like JWD but it's not as colorful and a bit more low key.

inquirer -- Yeah! Our sites pretty cool because people say all kind of interesting things! :) LOL :D

• Robdar
    Robdar

Qcmbr:

Hey Robdar where did your friend serve?

Sorry Qc. My friend and I got to partying and I didn't see your question until now.

He says that he served in what was once called the "Central States Mission." The territory included OK, MO and KS and a little bit of AR. He says that he thinks that they have changed the territory since the time he resigned as elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit