What is a site equivalent to this for mormons?

by ithinkisee 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I am interested to see parallel arguments and stuff like that of ex-Mormons or whatever.

What is the main discussion forum for Mormon "apostates"?

A google search only really gives me mixed results.

-ithinkisee

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Are you an ex-mormon?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yanno, that's a good question.

It's rather an odd coincidence that I am sitting here now with a former Mormon missionary-- who is one of my best friends, reading this site. We were just discussing some of the similarities between Mormons and JWs.

I'd be interested in finding a site for him.

Robyn

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Hey Robdar where did your friend serve?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ithinkisee:

A google search only really gives me mixed results.

I tried the google search too and know what you mean! Here is a site I did find that may help, it's not a discussion board like this but then I didn't follow all the links so maybe you'll find something on it that will lead to a discussion board.

http://www.mazeministry.com/

I do have a cousin who told me she is on an Internet group of ex mormons maybe I can find out more from her, I'll email her and ask and get back to you.

Kate

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Are you an ex-mormon?

Nope. Just would like to be vaguley familiar with ex-Mormon's trials and some Mormon beliefs too. When the time comes for me to make my exit, I want to be able to point out some of the similarities. I have heard there are some, but have never researched it.

I do have a cousin who told me she is on an Internet group of ex mormons maybe I can find out more from her, I'll email her and ask and get back to you.

Thanks Kate, I'd love to know. -ithinkisee

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

So which religion are you leaving:)?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..if its the JW I can give you some comparisions and beliefs from the LDS side of the fence.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Qcmbr,

Leaving the WT.

-ithinkisee

• seven006
    seven006

Here is a good one. Click on their bulletin boards for their discussion board. I use to slip in once in a while and had some good discussions. They are fascinated how the Mormons are as screwed up and blind to the bullshit of their leaders as the JW's are. There are some great people just like JWD but it's not as colorful and a bit more low key.

http://www.exmormon.org/

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit