JW Lawyers getting fed up with cleaning up after the GB?

by ithinkisee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Does the society provide lawyers for divorce cases? The reason why I asked is I recall when I was going through my divorce I made some threating remarks toward the soceity andf my ex made some funny comment that better not go there, that the society would provide her with legal counsel... I didn't pursue it but things have a way of back firing because 10 years later my kids don't want anything to do with the cult.

Will

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Will,

Yes, the WTS automatically defends all custody cases *if* the religious aspect plays a part in the case. The person they defend must be baptised and in good standing but they will throw the full weight of WTS Legal behind them if religion is going to be used by the opposition as a means of trying to gain custody. They will also foot the bill completely.

HS

• one
    one

The legal "sytem" seem to set fair rules for most cases.

The Judges (mostly exlawyers) are the ones that permit the "lying".

The root. Are humans (including judges of course) intrinsically good or bad?.

Humans seem to be unable to "rule" themselves... look around and see.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It was so long ago and I was under so much stress at the time, I really can't recall what it was all about. I think you were correct, it was something to do with custody of the children and bringing reproach on the organization. It did come out like a threat and knowing my ex wasn't the most intelligent person, she must have been fed the information from somewhere. Anyway like I said I was not in a position at the time to fight them and had to let it go. Now they are away from their mom and I don't hold back what I think of the organization. They have no use of the religion and throw out the mags rags my ex sends them every month. It took a few years but I did get back at them eventually.

Will

Kiss my butt WT you bunch of hypocritical AH.

• steve2
    steve2

Lawyers and ethics go together the way the governing body and love go together: Way more talk than action.

• frankiespeakin
  • JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

Quoting Simon:
    Can you imagine a world without lawyers?"

No more ACLU?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit