JW Lawyers getting fed up with cleaning up after the GB?

by ithinkisee 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I hope that those that are JW lawyers get tired of the Governing Body and quit Bethel because of the bull shit theyv'e had to clean up after the GB. It may be happening right now. Think about it the GB have issued the call for more lawyers to the congregations,, perhaps there is some disloyalty growing towards the GB being manifested in the legal department and the GB needs help desparately. Anybody working in legal at Bethel must see all the crap that the GB are about because of the issues they are called upon to defend.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/85933/1.ashx

Figured I would start a new post on this.

When my parents got divorced a few years back they each lawyered up with veterans on JW issues. My dad got an "apostate" lawyer, and my mom got a Society lawyer that worked out of Seattle.

I remember now my mom's lawyer mentioned that he had worked with the "apostate" lawyer at one time on cases FOR the Society.

Naturally in my self-righteous JW mode I didn't give my dad's lawyer the time of day. . .but now I am wondering how many more will go the same way as my dad's lawyer after having to flip-flop on their court arguments time and time again and be made fools of with the GB's constantly changing doctrines.

-ithinkisee

• AlanF
    AlanF

One would think that any real Christian, who all of these lawyers claim to be, would get tired of having to lie in court and lie to individuals, all at the GB's bidding. It's probably inevitable that sometime, a lawyer or other Bethel heavy will get tired of it, and turn around and expose the Society for what it is.

AlanF

• steve2
    steve2
    I hope that those that are JW lawyers get tired of the Governing Body and quit Bethel because of the bull shit theyv'e had to clean up after the GB.

Any lawyers worth their salt love cleaning up and cleaning up and cleaning up ad infinitum after clientele. Bull shit means loads more money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Lawyers don't want people's dumb behaviours to change - they'd be out of a job!!

• Simon
    Simon

Simpsons moment (Lionel Hutz):

Can you imagine a world without lawyers? (shudder)

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I am not sure the lawyers the Society uses make much money.

The lawyer my mom had for her divorce case had mentioned that he was almost bankrupt because he could not sustain the lifestyle he had before he started taking on JW cases. He had a pretty posh office in Seattle and a good lifestyle.

Curious what happens with these guys. I don't remember much about him - even his name - but I do remember he was prominently involved in the noblood.org website. (which doesn't seem to be coming up right now)

Just wondering how much sh*t these guys can take giving and giving and then having the landscape of their defenses altered every other year.

-ithinkise

• kazar
    kazar

It's about time. I've worked for attorneys for 15 years and I can honestly say that the opinion that most people have of them is true. I'm still waiting to meet an ethical one.

Love to all. It's good to be back.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I would love to see a list of all former and current lawyers that have been employed by the society. How many of their own lawyers are actually witnesses? Since college is so discouraged, it can't be very many!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The writing is on the wall

• TMS
    TMS

Lawyers are accustomed to arguing both sides of an issue. They may start with idealism, altruism, but eventually yield to pragmatism.

I've known a few and I'm always amazed at how irrelevant truth is.

I've known one JW lawyer, a very good man, but one who had difficulty fitting into the JW box. The elders in his congregation were eager to recommend him as an elder, but he refused to pad his field service hours and was intermittent in meeting attendance when on a difficult case.

I can't imagine one of Jehovah's Witnesses serving at Bethel as a lawyer not experiencing several crises of conscience. Table for a moment bulldozing over the victims of pedophilia, the Watchtower's obsession with asset protection and limiting tax liability. Just the fact that JW lawyers are afforded a lifestyle far above the typical housekeeping or bookbinding worker should raise a red flag.

Lawyers know the real priorities of their clients because they have to know what they are actually fighting for.

Hayden Covington was a Watchtower lawyer who almost became president of the Watchtower Society. He saw no conflict in representing Cassius Clay(Muhammad Ali) as a Muslim minister is his conscription fight against the draft board.

tms

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

ALAN F SAID: One would think that any real Christian, who all of these lawyers claim to be, would get tired of having to lie in court and lie to individuals, all at the GB's bidding. It's probably inevitable that sometime, a lawyer or other Bethel heavy will get tired of it, and turn around and expose the Society for what it is.

Why would lawyers lie in court on cases where they represent someone or some entity? Lawyers, usually, would not testify in such circumstances - in fact, that could disqualify a lawyer from a case. Also, the ethical obligations for lawyers require complete honesty. Although some lawyers ignore that obligation, and although the media (hollywood mainly) has often used the stereotype of a lying lawyer ad naseum, most lawyers I know adhere to the obligation of honesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit