Hi Everyone...I'm New

by exjwshell 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum. I've "lurked" for quite some time, thought it was time make my first post.

My story is long and boring and too complicated to remember so the short version is this:

Was brought up as a witness

My father was a "big-time" elder for years and was disfellowshipped (for having an affair) (huge scandal)

My parents are divorced (after my father was disfellowshipped, the elders in the congregation paid for my mom to file)

All three of my sisters and my mother are "out" (Thank God!) (I'm very fortunate)

I was disfellowshipped in 1987 (I was 18)

Attended two different congregations in St. Paul, MN (my father was an elder at both)

Married in 1988 and moved to Western Wisconsin, have two children

I have had so much fun reading all of your posts and stories! Brings back memories (some good, some not so good) but it is so nice to meet a group of people who understand...especially the "lingo"... My husband of 17 years is "worldly" and just doesn't "get it" (which is a good thing a lot of the time!)

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome! glad your here. do you still have a relationship with your dad? i assume you do with your mom and siblings since they are " out " too. i look forward to more of your posts!

• under74
    under74

Hi exjwshell. Welcome to the board. Thanks for sharing some of your story.

Hope to see more posts from you real soon.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome to the forum!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome, Welcome , Welcome !

We seem to have several posters from Wisconsin, I must check up whereabouts in the U S A it is !

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings. So, that makes you about 35-36 hmmmmmmmmm. Glad you posted, its always interesting to hear 'other' experiences.

About your husband, don't worry, my wife was worldy. Nothing ever happened to me truth wise for marrying against my beliefs.

That huge scandel sounds juicy. Welcome.

Guest77

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Welcome! Come on in have a seat & stay awhile!

SK

• minimus
    minimus

WELCOME!! I like the JW lingo too.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome.

cj

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

Holy cow! Talk about quick responses!

Thank you for the warm welcome.

To answer the question about my father...no, I no longer have a relationship with him...he's remarried for the fourth time and lives in Arizona.

The "father" issue is also complicated...found out in my teens that he was not my biological father...my parents never lied to me about it they just didn't tell me or anyone else...anyways, my biological father (who I found after I was disfellowshipped) is a drunk and didn't like the idea of having a daughter that was so close in age to his wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit