CoC and Search of Christian Freedom came yesterday in the mail

by ithinkisee 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Time to swallow the red pill.

Right now both books remain unopened - sealed in the Amazon.com box buried in a backpack in the trunk of my car. I feel like I'm smuggling drugs or something.

I'll be starting CoC tomorrow ...

This is more of a vanity post than anything. It's gonna be an important weekend for me.

-ithinkisee

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

ithinkisee, though I left long before I knew anything about those books, or maybe even before they existed, they were still important in once and for all putting any possible lingering doubts or ghosts to rest. To bastardize the Phantom of the Opera, Open up your mind, and let your doubts unwind.

• under74
    under74

As soon as you start reading you'll feel less uneasy about it.

Happy reading.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I did the same thing when I got my copy, was all excited and had to tell everyone about it. It really opens your eyes to the real truth.

Enjoy, just remember it is only the start of the journey!

W

• Kendal
    Kendal

Right now both books remain unopened - sealed in the Amazon.com box buried in a backpack in the trunk of my car. I feel like I'm smuggling drugs or something.

I'll be starting CoC tomorrow ...

Just had a laff when I read this post - I am thinking about getting a copy and am trying to decide where to put it - I too thought about the trunk under the spare wheel - its bloody crazy what lengths U have to go to isn't it??

The other problem I have is delivery of the book - I can't afford for the postie to deliver it to our house whilst I'm at work and the wife/kid opens it and all hell break loose....can't deliver to work cos admin open your mail anyway! Does anyone know of where I could get an online copy of the book (I'm happy to pay for it) - it would be far easier to access the book online as I have access to internet all day @ work.

• vitty
    vitty

At the moment mine it tucked safely at the back of my wardrobe, Just in case we have unexpected visitors.

My biggest problem is the computer. If someone types www. j the scroll bar goes crazy with this site and weve tried to get rid of the history, but it still comes up. Any ideas

When I was a child I used to play being in the 2nd world war (and yes I am a girl) we used to play hiding from the Germans and being a double agent. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be doing something like this for real as a grown woman,

• Kendal
    Kendal

If U have Windows XP Pro, try the following:

right click on internet explorer icon, properties, content, autocomplete, turn off autocomplete for webaddresses.
    Close browser and then try again in a fresh browser.

See if this helps - what you need to do to keep the setting permanently (if U have winXP) is to enable a local group policy which stops anyone turning autocomplete back on again!!

Kendal

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

ithinkisee,

Congrats! You will not regret it. And as a previous poster said, as soon as you start reading it, your apprehension will vanish. Ray Franz is a remarkable man.

Kendal,

Two options for you:

1. Read it in sections at a library.
    2. Get a post office box (or use some post office store like "Mailboxes Etc") and have it shipped there.

Good luck!

SNG

• undercover
    undercover

I know the feeling. I had CofC delivered to my office. Where I read it at lunch. I knew that I couldn't have it delivered to the house without raising a ruckus. I felt like I had some illegal contraband in my office desk.

The fact that we feel/felt this way so as to have fear about buying or reading a book just shows the level of control that the WTS exerted on its members. I mean, it's a book, for chrissakes.

It does get better, though. You may not be able to leave the books laying on the coffee table, but in time you appreciate that it's just a book with a different viewpoint from what we were taught to believe for years. Once we accept that the WTS is just a man-made religion and that these books offer differeing views we can start to think for ourselves and decide what we want to believe in instead of having it told to us.

• Kendal
    Kendal

Thanks for the suggestions SNG,

I tried our local library but they don't hold the book (maybe its not as popular in UK?)!

May have to do the PO Box idea but its £53 a year in UK....

Any other suggestions - is the book available to download anywhere after you've paid for it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit