2 days in NY, 2 days in LA, what do you do?

by Satans little helper 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

New York is easy to get around on foot and mass transit.

LA is so spread out that you really need a car to cover much ground.

I agree with Sassy about Venice Beach and Hollywood. Good places to spend a day.

You didn't say when you are making this trip. If it's in the summer, the Hollywood Bowl might interest you. Many shows during their summer season offer VERY cheap seats (under $10) The seats are way up in the trees but the acoustics are great. And it's a famous landmark.

-Aude.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I second the Metropolitan Museum. You might take a peek in the NY Public Library too, if you happen to be passing by. They often have very good exhibits.

I'm a huge ZOO fan. The Bronx zoo is one of the best in the country. (if that floats your boat.)

LA, hmmm, I have absolutely no idea.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Sorry Sassy I didn't pick up on your message, I wasn't being rude. Thanks for the suggestion but we are going to be really pushed for time and Mrs SLH isn't keen on meeting 'internet people' on what is likely to be our only holiday this year (yes I know, she doesn't get the whole interweb thing and whilst I would love to meet everyone I have to keep the boss happy. Maybe when we do the world tour back to visit the UK in a couple of years time and don't have 18 tons of luggage!)

So for New York we have:
    Guggenheim
    NY Library
    Empire State Building
    Statten Island Ferry (A definite)
    Bronx Zoo
    MOMA (This is a definite, I have always wanted to see it)
    Rockefeller Centre
    Times Square
    Central Park
    St Pats (maybe, I would love it but Mrs SLH hates churches after the week I spent dragging her round Paris!)

As for a hotel I have found a little place called the Amsterdam Court Hotel for $100/night which looks great and pretty comfortable and is right in mid town close to Cewntral Park and Times Square

In LA we've got:
    Venice Beach - this is a most definite, one of my fave films was the remake of Romeo and Juliet filmed there
    Santa Monica Beach (Isn't there a race circuit near there?)
    Jay Leno Show
    Hollywood

Looks like I am going to have one hell of a week! Any more suggestions for LA would be cool

Steve

• Soledad
    Soledad

there is a hostel on W.20th street (between 7th and 8th aves). Nice rooms and great rates.

http://www.chelseahostel.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit