Publisher Numbers

by geevee 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

Probably been discussed before but, we were just checking the monthly reports in this years KM's and started looking back over the last few years to then getting out 1994/5 km's to find that basically in our country the number of publishers is about the same each year. A couple of peaks and troughs, but basically the same. "By their fruits you will recognize them" What about the lack of fruit?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day geevee,

Yep, it's 'interesting' to see the lack of growth, eh? Of course the Dubs have been so conditioned to growth that stagnation holds them befuddled. In reality, in the NT God doesn't call on christians to be big but just to remain faithful. The WTs have missed that point of course in times gone by and now will have to 'pay the price' .

BTW the "fruits" refers to qualities, not numbers.

Cheers, Ozzie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Japan was once held as the model - even they are showing stagnant numbers and have been for a few years now - I blame it all on the internet - in countries with readily available internet there is stagnant or negative growth

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

gotta have something to blame, eh?

• avengers
    avengers
    "By their fruits you will recognize them" What about the lack of fruit?

To set things straight. There is absolutely no lack of fruits within the org. Plenty of them.
    Whichever kind you want. There's even an abundance of fruitcakes.

Andy.

ps. Hey Oz, you still coming to Europe this year?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Hey Oz, you still coming to Europe this year?

I wish! I really do wish - somehow i don't think it'll happen. mrs O and I are due in a Pacific area nation this year, we're also committed to work in Asia, so i think it's going to be difficult but.......you never know. I really miss your neck of the woods, avengers!

Say next year?

Cheers, Ozzie

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

If the Witnesses are correct about Harmageddon and the gathering of the sheep, then shouldn't the work slow down as the recollection of these sheep comes to an end?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Poor poor chinese people, too bad they dont get a chance at life.

So sword, riddle me this Is growth a proof of jehovahs favor? What then is decline? Where does the bible say we should expect the closness of the end to be a factor in slowing down? Doesnt it say he will speed it up?

Thanx

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

No reason to feel bad for the Chinese as the end has not come yet. I think Jehovah will be just in the end. But instead of worrying so much about the Chinese, you should worry about your own salvation.

I understand your post, but you did not answer my question. The Bible does prophesy a "speeding" up of the recollection, but couldn't that have been fulfilled already in the U.S. or are we not to take into account the numbers coming into the Organization in the many lands that show an increase?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Harmageddon and the gathering of the sheep, then shouldn't the work slow down as the recollection of these sheep comes to an end?
    No reason to feel bad for the Chinese as the end has not come yet.

So is it or isnt it? First you say its slowing because the end is near, then you say well the end hasnt come yet so a billion chinese could still get in? You can never be wrong SOJ if you keep changing the rules.

but couldn't that have been fulfilled already in the U.S. or are we not to take into account the numbers coming into the Organization in the many lands that show an increase?

Ya couldnt, wouldnt, shouldnt, those are speculative words SOJ. You sound just like the WT.

So sword, riddle me this Is growth a proof of jehovahs favor? What then is decline? And you cant have it both ways SOJ, you cant.

Yes I know there is some growth in th 3rd world. But new witnesses means more preachers, means more growth. That just isnt happening. We are in negative growth, esp when you consider that the numbers have been artificailly inflated with the 15minute pubs and the great reactivate the lost sheep campaign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit