Mass. High Court Makes Landmark Child Abuse Ruling--JW

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

loveis:

Just to let you know, I have been, to the best of my ability, been waiting for the Supremes in New Hampshire to make their decision on the Berry case.

If you want click here:

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/supreme/opinions/index.htm

and then click on "February" and you can review the most uptodate releases.

This url link is where the decision will be released for all to see.

I am now kinda in and out. In other words I am sometimes too busy to keep following this web site on a daily basis. You and your friends may wish to bookmark the above URL and check in on it on a daily basis to see the Supremes decision in Berry et.al. v. Watchtower et. al.. Then once the decision is out you can post it on the db for everyone's reading pleasure!

I hope that the Berry lawyers in New Hampshire file a motion to have this recent Mass. jurisprudence be reviewed by the New Hampshire Supreme Court when making in making its decsion on the Berry case.

In my conversation with the Supremes' Court clerk, he indicated that they have a guideline of getting a decision out within 6 months of oral arguments. That means the Berry decision will be out no later than by the end of April at the latest.

Take care

hawk

• JeffT
    JeffT

We all know that the GB pulls the strings and the local elders dance, but they are good at covering their tracks. IMHO that is why this ruling only extends to the local congregations. What will be interesting to watch is to see what happens when some elder realizes he's being hung out to dry and starts hollering about it, and has a box of correspondence to prove his point.

• wednesday
    wednesday

What will the WTS do now to entice bros to become elders?
    Are they making promises that they will back them up if they follow the letter of the law? I'm just thinking that if I was an elder and I could be sued for following the WTS dictates, and they would not help me, ie , provide legal counsel for free, why would I want to be an elder? (Note they do provide help with child custody cases, but do to know the charge.)The WTS has always found ways to get around legal things, they just get their lawyers to "out legal" the next guys. We have seen that with the donation arrangement, the changing to DA for a lot of offenses.

Now if only some smart lawyer will come up with a way around mental, psychological, emotional abuse. God, there has got to be a way to beat these evil people.(at least that is my prayer)

weds

• wednesday
    wednesday

Lawyers and doctors already owe a similar legal responsibility to their clients and patients.

doctors get around that one fairly easily. If they want off your case they can say u are not following their advice-noncompliance and bingo, they are then no longer responsible for your care or whatever has gone wrong with u. there are many loopholes in that relationship. However, at least the court agrees a relationship exists. docs and lawyers can not be successfully sued that easily.

weds

• Jez
    Jez
    The girl's parents, who learned about the alleged abuse in August 2000, sued the ministerial servant and two Boston-area Jehovah's Witness congregations for negligence as well as breach of fiduciary duty.

Wonder if the parents were df'ed for suing. ?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    What will be interesting to watch is to see what happens when some elder realizes he's being hung out to dry and starts hollering about it, and has a box of correspondence to prove his point.

Bingo. I know so many elders who won't go near a house with a "Private Property" sign for fear of getting sued (in actuality a person would have to post a "No Trespassing" sign to have a case).

I imagine this news is going like fire among the elder and above crowd. Say good bye to your houses/property elders!

• zev
    zev

heard about this on wbz this morning on the way to work.

bet elders are crapping their pants all over massachusetts right now.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well, the WTS doesn't look so "spotless and unblemished" now.....

• Neo
    Neo

Thumbs up!!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    heard about this on wbz this morning on the way to work. bet elders are crapping their pants all over massachusetts right now.

Zev, If it is anything like the Boer case, the Elders will not even tell their wives what is going on until trial starts. They will go to the Hall and pray real hard and start calling the Victim and the Victim's lawyers the devel's assistance and a variety of nasty names thanks to their black and white thinking. They will also pray to Jehovah to ensure they win. They will also rely on the lawyers for the Watchtower so they do not have to pay for their own legal counsel - a serious mistake in my opinion since the Watchtower lawyers will hang the elders before the Corporation if push comes to shove. They really won't have a clue that they could lose their house and other assets all because they followed the Watchtower's policy to ensure they would fail to notify the authorities and congregations of this dude's background. hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit