Isn't It Strange? Forwarded Email

by cab1000 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

The following was sent to me just now in a forwarded email. So much to pick apart. I did not doctor this up in any way. I just thought it interesting, people still think this way....

Isn't It Strange?

Isn't it strange how a 20 dollar bill
    seems like such a large amount when
    you donate it to the Kingdom Hall but
    such a small amount when you go shopping?

Isn't it strange how 2 hours seem so long when you're at the Kindom Hall,

and how short they seem when you're
    watching a good movie?

Isn't it strange that you can't
    find a word to say when you're praying,
    but you have no trouble thinking
    what to talk about with a friend?

Isn't it strange how difficult
    and boring it is to read one chapter of the Bible,
    but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a
    popular novel?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants
    front-row-tickets to concerts or games, but they do whatever is possible to sit at the
    last row in the Kindom Hall?

Isn't it strange how we spend 2hrs or less
    on field service,
    but 4 and more hours visiting friends?

Isn't it strange how we need to share lovely
    and upbuilding experiences with brothers, but would go ahead gossiping and slandering others?

Isnt it strange how people devote much
    time to secular education,
    but think little of ways to expand their ministry?

Isn't it strange how we need to know about an
    event for Kingdom Hall 2-3 weeks before the day so we can include it in our agenda, but we can adjust it for other events in
    the last minute?

Isn't it strange how difficult it is to learn a
    fact about God to share it with others,
    but how easy it is to learn, understand, extend and repeat gossip?

Isn't it strange how people believe everything
    that magazines and newspapers say, but question the words in the Bible?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants a place in
    God's Kindom,
    but they do little or say nothing to get there?

Isn't it strange how we send jokes in e-mails
    and they are forwarded right away, but when we are going to send messages
    about God, we think about it twice before we
    share it with others?

IT'S STRANGE ISN'T IT?

By the way, I don't think it strange at all....
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That's strange... those are the very same reasons why I DAed.

That JW is trying to say "don't be like this" while at the same time he/she does not realize that all of the cult-like aspects of being a JW are being pointed out!

The fact that the email exists and is being circulated is overwhelming evidence that MANY JWs do not LIKE or WANT to be a JW... they are only there because they feel compelled to do so by social pressures.

This is why it is called a Cult

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Isn't it strange that the Watchtower can change a doctrine but someone who reminds them about it is an Apostate?

Walter

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Isn't it strange that everything about their religion is soul-destroying and depressing, and everything else in contrast seems enjoyable and life-affirming?

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Isn't it strange that I got this from a Catholic friend, originally written about church, and now I see one altered to fit the JW's? LMAO!!!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Isn't it strange....

how the WT considers the Internet an evil, yet they have a website themselves and that person that sent that e-mail is part of that "evil" as well?

Excuse me, I'd like to return my tickets to the guilt trip and get a refund.

laters

kaykay_mp

• cab1000
    cab1000
    Isn't it strange that the Watchtower can change a doctrine but someone who reminds them about it is an Apostate?

Walter

LMAO..................

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I got that very email about 8 years ago when still a dubby and it made me think about how to be a better dub. :D My oh my how times have changed for me!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Mary
    Mary

Isn't it strange how the Watchtower tells us that the Pharisees bound heavy loads upon the average Jew, yet they do the same damn thing?

• Swan
    Swan

Isn't it strange how two people witnessing a crime are believable but one person abused as a child is just a troublemaker ?

Isn't it strange how the Watchtower's official Internet site has all the answers, but the official UN website has Satan himself as their web administrator ?
    Isn't it strange that the first 35 years of my life as a Witness dragged along horribly, but life has gone by so swiftly in the eleven years I have been out enjoying the remaining years?

Isn't it strange that when they counsel you from Deuteronomy, you have to remind them we are no longer under Mosaic Law?

Isn't it strange that a Christmas party can go by so quickly, but time really crawls for the poor old elders stuck watching your house out in that freezing car?

Isn't it strange that the thing you were afraid about the most all your life was never anything to be afraid of at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit