any ex-jw's in san francisco?

by jpeterse 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jpeterse
    jpeterse

leolaia, i'm totally new to these ex-jw sites, so you'll have to explain what the hell an apostalunch is. ;) thanks! /jp

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh just a bunch of us from this forum met at had lunch together last spring...

• Swan
    Swan

I was just there earlier this month. No matter what, ride the cable car. It is so nostalgic and saves you a lot of uphill walking.

• under74
    under74

I'd be open to an apostalunch....hopefully...if school doesn't get in the way.

Thanks for the rundown on yourself JP. My story in short (very short) is I was born into the religion. My mom DAd herself when I was in my teens and me and my siblings left with her. We still have other relatives in that don't speak to us. I'd like to say I'm not bitter about it but I have my moments (which led me here to JWD). I'm from Washington State but came to SF for grad school (video/film-MFA program) which I will be done with sometime in May.

And yeah, I'd be open to meet up with you....but one request, I'm totally lost outside the city and don't drive here....so it'd have to be in the city. I know that sounds weird but I was living close to the zoo last year and that even feels foreign...so far away.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Now I'm homesick!

Josie - native born San Franciscian

• under74
    under74

Josie- maybe you're do for a visit out here......

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

yep i am...plan in come out this summer with the family. cant wait to get to chinatown for some dimsum, and spicey pork korean barbeque, and some vietnamese food, yum!!

Josie

• freedom96
    freedom96

Anyone from Santa Clara or San Jose?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hello!

I'm in Sunnyvale........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit