So what's up with Bethel?

by Qcmbr 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Having just been through an interesting set of posts about artwork in Bethel its got me intrigued. What is Bethel, how do you go there and what do you do there? I know I could find out with a bit more research on the net but its far more fun to read posts:)

• heathen
    heathen

obviously Bethel is the headquarters for the WTBTS printing facility and is in brooklyn new york .

• upside/down
    upside/down

Bethel is the mountain all Dubs hope to ascend to someday. What Mecca is to an Arab or Salt Lake City is to a Mormon, Vatican is to a Catholic, Jerusalem to a Jew, Mo's Tavern is to Homer Simpson, get the picture?...

u/d

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

How do you get there - is it an application / reward / lucky dip etc..? Can anyone who is a JW go ?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Yeah, what heathen said...

If by "go there" you mean for a visit, you just haul your butt to 124 Columbia Heights in Brooklyn NY. Walk in the door and tell them you'd like to take the tour. Or 117 Adams St. if you'd rather see the factory.

If you mean "go there" as a worker, you'll have to become a JW in good standing and suck up to the elders to get a recommendation. And be willing to commit however many years of your life they require these days to working full time for them basically for free (small personal allowance, plus room and board). Of course, you'll need to keep up your "theocratic activity" (meetings, field service, etc.) while you are there. Oh, and don't question anything; just do what you're told.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Is it also considered the headquarters or are they somewhere else? Kudos to the org for buying in such a lucrative place when property was cheaper!!!!!!!

• Dogpatch
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere

Bethel...is hell!

Santa lives in the north pole.

Satan lives at Bethel!

Isn't that in the bible?kidding.

Brooke

• heathen
    heathen

I think bethel brooklyn has been their headquarters since the 1800s . It probly was not the choice property it is today . From what I've heard is that you do have to be a good little dubby pioneer and volunteer for bethel service where, it's apparent, that people become some sort of tyranical idiot and hypocrite upon arrival . They allow sex and drinking and everything nobody is supposed be a part of as a good little dubby .

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I like th eunderground tunnel thing! Does anyone fancy sneaking a camcorder in and giving us a video tour of the secret bits:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit