Birthdays-Disapproved by Jehovah

by lonelysheep 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Please help! I can't find this document/post anywhere, and I'd like to send it to someone who just woke up about the wt! If someone would please post the link, I appreciate it!

Thanks!

• AlmostAtheist
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

YES!! Thank you, AlmostAtheist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will help greatly!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

You might find some added points in this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/79690/1.ashx

• Maverick
    Maverick

Remember that any thing the WTS disapproves of has nothing to do with knowing how God feels, but it has to do with their need to alienate their recruit from family and friends. Birthdays, Holidays and anything else that a persons family will get upset about falls into this area.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985
    There are only 2 birthday celebrations mentioned in the Bible. Both were for wicked people, and murder took place at both of them.

There is also just one wedding that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) mentioned in the bible also, is this the only wedding that was ever held OR is it that something outside of the norm happened at this wedding just like at these ONLY 2 birthdays parties mentioned in the bible and it was deemed necessary to put in the newspaper bible.

There they go again, falsely interpreting things, you can't tell me that out of all the people that was mentioned in the bible those were the only 2 birthday parties held vs. the only wedding held....

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It's also been pointed out that dogs are cast in a negative light in the Bible, but there's never been a move to ban dog ownership. (Keep it under your hat though, we don't want to give them any ideas!)

Dave

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Thanks for that AlmostAtheist - and very good point you make there Sweetp.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Kenneson, thank you for your post! This was a post I read while lurking that became another nail in the coffin. Now I can save it.

• Preston
    Preston

Almost Atheist for Watchtower Editor!

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit