Jersey Boy ... To BE, Or Not To Be Gay

by Taylor S. 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Welcome, JerseyBou. Hope you enjoy being here.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Taylor S, Welcome to the board, one newbie to another. I could have written your post, with the exception of being straight my experience was almost identical, from a very young age things just did not seem right and the older I got the worse it was. I have often wondered how many people were like me in that aspect that the religion just never fit from day one.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Jersey Boy!

I was surprised to see that the subject of this thread wasn't what I'd thought it would be. I thought that you were in some turmoil trying to decide whether you "were or weren't" gay. Apparently that's not the case, and your opening post mirrors what many of the folks on here have felt about the WTS.

I was really one of the stupid ones----*I* began to "study" as an adult, and didn't see (or should I say recognize) the nonsense that I had taken to be "food from God". It took me about 30 years for the TRUE light to shine through the lies and deception of those who claim to speak for God.

I'm glad you found this board, it's the greatest!

hugs,

Annie

edited to add......I'm from upstate NY by the Great" Lake!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Welcome to the board from one newbie to another!

Thanks for sharing your story. A majority of my friends over the years have been gay even when I was a JW as they were good company and fun to be around. The JW doctrine regarding this issue was something that never sat right with me. I wish you all the best and hope to see you around on the board.

i doubt i could ever rock her faith and wouldn't want to if i could ... because the one thing i know for sure is that people truly NEED to believe in something.
    You know I was just thinking the same thing the other day about my mum. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.
  • Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Wow ...

thanks for the warm welcome everyone. i haven't figured out how to box-quote people so I can answer properly, but I'll figure that out in time. for now i'll just respond to all at once.

Yes ... that is my pic. I've been growing the locks for 11 years.

Funny thing, this group, or rather, finding this group after all this time. I walked away from the truth in the mid-eighties. For the past twenty years I've never really given it too much thought ... at least not for extended periods.

But I think, now that I been researching stuff in recent weeks and the real TRUTH has suddenly become clear ... my greatest fear is for this younger generation of JW who are starting to leave. When I left, I still believed. I just knew I couldn't resist the temptations of the flesh (sex) ... and I wasn't gonna marry the first sister who winked at me (like all my friends were doing at nineteen) because i didn't like girls. In hindsight, if I could have married a brother, I mighta stayed a little longer (there were a few who kept me in constant state of flux ).

So I walked away, and got into all sorts of wild behavior because I was doomed anyway. That's what a lot of young witnesses must feel today when they leave. Their out ... but still suffering from Armageddon syndrome (It's next WEEKEND!! Right ?). This nihilistic view of the future will lead them down the most dangerous paths.

That's my greatest fear for them.

I'm lucky I made it through that decade of my twenties when I just didn't give a fc*k. Lurking about the scariest New York streets in the wee hours of the morning trying self-medicate away that dreadful syndrome. My joke at time ... when they come for me, I wanna be high as hell!

In this day and age of newer and deadlier strains of HIV ... a lot of these newly disillisioned won't be as lucky as me.

Having said that ... I think it's our duty to try and save a few. As a writer, from this day forward, I plan to do all I can to make people think for themselves.

taylorS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit