Why are JW illustrations so bad?

by Qcmbr 26 Replies latest jw friends

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

: wow that was quite a story - half of me want sto believe it and the other half of me hopes that this isn't a real reflection of life at Bethel.

Qcmbr, it so is, it hurts.

pepheuga

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Quotes - I read that William Shunn story from your link - that was the most cool / freaky / funny thing I've read in ages - it took me ages to read it all - Thanks!!

• blondie
    blondie

Have you ever noticed how constrained art is historically in Europe. The Church had rules about what could be painted and how it could be painted. It is no surprise that I prefer Impressionism.

Bethel is a place where it is in writing in the New Boy's Manual how to flush the toilet thoroughly and how to clean the shower after using it. Should we think that the WTS has rules for art?

Blondie

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

blondie & all,

so sorry, just can't resist: http://www.utexas.edu/courses/romanciv/Romancivimages13/laocoon.jpg

pepheuga

• Beans
    Beans

I don't know, why are long pants long? Why are bushes bushy?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    how to flush the toilet thoroughly ....

... with the microphone on ...?

ROFL

Love,

ESTEE

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Dave,

I just finished reading your story, along with a few new others that were listed. Even though I knew a lot of this "stuff", I didn't know the depth of what was experienced. I never heard of the locked library before (what IS it with the WTS and libraries?)

Your writing was excellent (I seldom read anything that long but this piece grabbed my attention from the onset) and the humor had me laughing right out loud.

This was a wonderful piece and I appreciated it on so many levels. Needless to say I was impressed. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share this with all of us who have an interest in all things Watchtower and to help put even more things in true perspective.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit