Did you believe that "the world loves its own?"

by squinks 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• squinks
    squinks

When you got out or were helped out, did you believe that the world was really immoral and that people could do whatever they wanted and no one would care because the world loves its own?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes. I thought all non-dubs were bad and trusted no one. It took me years to figure out who to trust and who not to trust. Things were so oversimplified when all dubs=good and all non-dubs=bad. After leaving, I was in shock that I had to actually get to know people in order to find out if they were bad or good. Then I learned there really was no need to find out of everyone around me was good or bad. Takes a long time to rid oneself of that thinking.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

A more accurate way of reading terming that scripture would be "The world loves it's own more than the JW's because dubs are an annoying, snobby cliquish bunch that push their religion on everyone".

But yeah. I know what you're talking about. After 10 years I'm still working hard to rid myself of those feelings.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its the way they make you feel guilty for being accepted by outsiders...another JW mindgame...just like all the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit