Help Finding a Book

by rwagoner 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I am trying to find a copy of the old pink "Paradise Book". I remember having one as a kid growing up and seeing some of the pictures in it. I can't help but think that some of those images started the fear and guilt in me as a child and would like to show my wife (a non jw) so she might better understand how I could have stayed in as long as I did.

She hears me talk now and can't imagine how I could have believed such a pile of bunk or how my parents still can't see how totally crazy some of the "truth" sounds. I have explained the mind control but I think seeing what I was taught as a child might help.

I have looked on ebay....no luck so far. Any help is appreciated.

RandyW

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I found it on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=378&item=4528884545&rd=1

If you don't mind buying the others.

Edit: I don't know why it's saying it's invalid, because it shows up for me. If you go to www.ebay.com, go to the books section, click on religion, and then search using this phrase: Lot of 4 Large size Watchtower Publications VGC , it will show up as a lot of 4 books.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

says the item has been removed but thanks and I will keep looking.

*** I couldn't get the link to work but I did cut and paste the item number at ebay and it did work...thanks. I'm watching the item.

• Scully
    Scully

you can also find a lot of the illustrations on the Quotes website.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Nope....it i called

From Paradise Lot to Pardise Regained....found 2 on ebay with wolfgirls help.

Thanks everyone...

RGW

• Shania
    Shania

You mean the orange book so many colored books over the years it is hard to keep track.....I still have mine from 35 years ago......talk about the fear of god put into five little kids being forced to study this very hard to follow book by a scarey JW neighbor who was getting in plenty of time with our family-----she used to tell my very catholic mom that after armeggedon she would come over to my moms home and bury all the family bones together if she did not accept the "TRUTH"----needless to say that scared the bejesus out of us (6-13) and my mom......all in 1972-----right before the end in 1975...........and the rest is history as they say.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I also saved the pink paradise book. It's 'evidence', heh heh.

S

• RR
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

I wonder if they borrowed that title from John Milton. But, I don't guess they could be charged with copyright infringement, could they?

R.R. Welcome back! I'm glad to see you posting again.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Shania,

I guess it was orange...LOL...I must be color blind, always thought it was pink.

RR - thanks for the link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit