Hangover Cures....... (groan)

by ScoobySnax 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I'm sitting here bleary eyed typing this, counting the empty cans from last night feeling like crap. So in order to remedy this I've just put some bacon and sausages in the frying pan, the mushrooms and tin tomatoes are standing by as is the bread for the fried bread to mop it all up in. Kettle on and tea (about 5 cups) beckons. It usually works for me.......transforming me into a cholesterol laiden being, but at least a sober one, and starting to feel half human.

You got any better remedies???

And whoever says "Don't drink in the first place" gets a smack in the gob!

Scoob

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

nearly forgot.......and 2 fried eggs.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Gatorade and multi-vitamins. Happy Hangover!

Kwin

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

what the hell is Gatorade.....it sounds painful

• under74
    under74

Drink 2 beers (hair of the dog), take some aspirin, get some food on your stomach and drink tons of water.

Next time counter all the alcohol with water and a couple aspirin (before you pass out). You'll still be tired but without all the rest of the hangover symptoms.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Gotta hate that feeling.

My remedy is a fried egg on toast with ketchup and then I go for a jog, or in the wintertime cross country skiing. The adrenaline rush after the exercise will flush out whatever alcohol is still in her veins.

Of course the above remedy will only work if you can get off the couch long enough to get dressed without puking.

cj

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Gatorade

A sports drink designed to re-hydrate you quicker then water. You must have something like that for when you guys are playing football!

Kwin

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

There *is* a hangover cure. They're called "chasers,: Take two of em before you get to drinkin... and take two four hours later.. It's a sure bet. I guess you can get them at GNC or Walgreen's. They're pretty spensive....Well, they damned well should be as much as I paid for em..

)#*^$*O&@#^$*@)#

CG

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Use the drunkards prayer, "Lord get me over this one, and I'll get over the next one by myself."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dehydration is probably why you feel so blah.

If I have been doing "a little drinking", I will drink a big glass of water before I go to sleep. I also have a salad for breakfast to provide more water. Just throw your eggs and bacon on top of the greens and "walah" you have a breakkie salad.

If that doesn't work then all I can say is "hair of the dog that bit ya".

Good luck.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit