It is official-Awake to be monthly-PDF scan of KM for your review....

by CaptainSchmideo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Cap't thanks for the PDF it's great!

Swan:

Speaking of PDF, I have a great idea for them on how they can sell distribute their rags magazines and practically eliminate paper costs, but unfortunately it requires their members to use the Internet.

Tammy

I like the way you think girl............you are delightfully wicked!

Kate

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

What a bunch of crap.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    4 Millions of people enjoy reading Awake! because it covers a wide variety of secular topics in an appealing way. No doubt the majority of those who attend the Memorial each year are regular readers of Awake! Still, if anyone hopes to be concealed in "the day of Jehovah's anger," he will need help to do more than be a regular reader of our publications. -- Zeph. 2:3; Rev. 14:6, 7.

This paragraph got me the most.

First of all they say that "millions of people enjoy reading the Awake!" (then why in the heck take their enjoyment away from them) If it is so popular why discontinue it?

Then it says "No doubt the majority of those who attend the Memorial each year are regular readers of the Awake!" (So, again why are they discontinuing it?)

I think the clencher is this last statement "Still if anyone hopes to be concealed in "the day of Jehovah's anger," he will need help to do more than be a regular reader of our publications. (In otherwords, too many people are just reading our publications and that is not profitable to us unless they join the organization and contribute to the organization by becoming mindless borg drone workers for the organization.)

"The day of Jehovah's anger" is brought out to put a bit of fear into the JW collective to not just be readers of the publications, but to get busy and make more converts so they in turn can save themselves from destruction.

Anyway, that's the way I read it.

cybs

• ballistic
    ballistic

I used to watch startled as my step father would buy bundles of magazines every two weeks knowing most of them would not be sold, but discarded when out of date. I thought "what a waste"... a waste of money and a waste on resources, now that I am more alert to the environmental issues and realise what a bundle of crap the magazines were.

At least now, not so many trees will be cut to produce them, and hopefully "publishers" will not be able to live comfortably with throwing away twice as many "left over" as before so should accordingly drop their magazine order - makes sense if you think about it.

• VM44
    VM44
    A number of pulishers have telephoned the branch office
    regarding certain recordings of Kingdom songs sung in a
    popular style that are presently being circulated among
    Jehovah's Witnesses. They wonder if these recordings have
    the organization's approval. We are aware of these
    recording and would like to inform you that they do not
    have our apporval. Please do not circulate or download
    these recordings from the Internet
    . We trust this
    information will clarify matters.

Where can I download these recordings?

--VM44

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Still, if anyone hopes to be concealed in "the day of Jehovah's anger," he will need help to do more than be a regular reader of our publications.-Zeph. 2:3; Rev. 14:6.

• Valis
    Valis

AHAHAHAH! Captain argh! Thanks for the pdf scan...funny how this is old news to us...eheheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit