Any one here from Memphis Tennessee????

by SallySue 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SallySue
    SallySue

I attended the Whitehaven Cong.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Well, I'm from close to Memphis--like 60 miles east! But my grandfather has given a talk at the Whitehaven cong at least once I think. BTW I'm from Bolivar, TN.

God, do you know how long it's taken me to find someone from my side of the state!??

laters

kaykay_mp

• missy04
    missy04

I am not from Memphis but the hall I attended most of the time was just outside of Memphis..and I stayed in Memphis at that time.

Went to the Olive Branch cong. and Holly Springs congregation in Mississippi..

~Sarah

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Nope, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once....

J/K.... I am over in Nashville...but am intimately familiar with metro memphis...although I never attended any meetings there. I got aquainted with Memphis post-JW.

Ern

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi! I'm originally from Memphis. I went to the Hickory Hood...er, I mean HILL Congregation back in the seventies CyrusThePersian

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I went to the Hickory Hood...er, I mean HILL Congregation back in the seventies

My grandad gave a talk there once too. That congo had the hottest dub dudes...ever.

laters

kaykay_mp

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'm from the Little Rock area. Never went to a KH there, but attended PLENTY of DCs there.

CountryGuy

• SallySue
    SallySue

WOW... great to hear from all of you. I came to Memphis in 1957 to serve where the need was great. I graduated from South Side High School in 1960 and then (like a good dub) pioneered. Back then we had to put in 100 hours... not the wimpy 70 they do now. But, we didn't have pioneer school... whatever that is. I faded in 1963 when they changed the "which world did Jesus die for" belief...

Again, great hearing from all of you....

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

wow, great to hear about *cough* older ones who faded before all the silliness lately. How brave of you!

Joy

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I spent several days in Memphis last year...went to see Elvis, but he was't very hospitable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit