Has being a JW...

by the_classicist 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

... ruined certain words for you? Words like "the Truth," "watch tower," "Jehovah." Each time I hear words like these get a strange mental reaction.

How 'bout you?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

YES!

"Wordly"

"Armageddon"

"Truth"

"Elders"

Just to name a few

Brooke

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

And of the buzzwords give me something akin to a gag reflex followed by projectile mental vomit.

• lilybird
    lilybird

well. I just have to hear the term Jehovah's Witness and I get a cold shudder,,,, :)

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember hearing certain Comics and their jokes. When they said something bad about the JW's I found it wrong and find to not like them as much. Now I laugh out loud. If you think about it it's funny half of the crap we used to do.

Brooke

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I see this in the news, it makes me look twice and feel uneasy:-

A concerned discussion is ensuing over whether the religiously oriented Shiite parties in Iraq will want to impose a theocratic government, similar to the regime in Iran.
  • Dustin
    Dustin

Good call Brooke about the comedians. The very name Jehovah makes me have all kinds of mixed feelings. Usually hatred wins out. Anyways, whenever I hear the old Hendrix tune All Along The Watchtower, the JW's are the first thing to come to mind.

Dustin

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Wow when I listen to Hendrix Drugs come to mind...well whatever trips your trigger!

Brooke

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Yeah I feel weird when I hear words that remind me of my lost childhood thanks to the org.

Dragonlady76

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I thought they were the ones who wanted to kill us - AT ARMAGGEDON! Eye for an eye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit