the day after armageddon

by Crumpet 20 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I am totally weirded out by this.

• zagor
    zagor

I think dubs should think of that saying "beware what you wish for". I think situation with them would be exactly the same like that of Biblical story of Israelites when they left the Egypt, i.e. soon start crying after comforts of civilization. I really wonder how many elder's wives are ready to wash their cloths at the river and then on her way home bring some water and firewood on her back, or walk 30 kilometers to get to the meeting on time, and afterward work happily between kitchen and garden to prepare food for a hungry lot. Unless some of them think to open up a MacDonald franchise.... And how many men would happily plow the fields instead of being computer technician or alike and when they feel like shitting run to the woods ... and then bury the residue half meter deep with their bare hands. Oh yeah forgot, no toilet paper either.

Not impossible by any means, pioneers of wild west did it, but it sure takes a special kind people to be able to do it, not the lot of those taken out of comforts of western civilization. I think you would see fighting and quarrelling sooner than you could say "the new system"

• RR
    RR

God save us, should the Society take control

• zagor
    zagor
    God save us, should the Society take control

and that is another thing, no more Post Office, Fedex, DHL or anything, no Internet. Reportedly it took months to spread the message just around Mediterranean, To paraphrase Al Gore, 'now imagine entire world'. Not impossible at all, but are they up to the challenge is the bigger question for me.

• catbert
    catbert

I remember an elder saying we would use bulldozers to bury the bodies.

This same elder loved motorcycles. He seemed excited about being able to pick and chose what motorcycle he could scavenge in the new system.

• Violia
    Violia

btt

This is not the full version, I can't seem to find it. It is much longer than this .

• d
    d

Many would also have to get a good knowledge of how to build homes and plant gardens and make clothing.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Day 230

JWs soon realized it was a natural disaster and find non-jw survivors, which have accomplished more at rebuilding than they have.

• talesin
  • talesin
    talesin

Here's another,,, different writer,, and quite a story ..

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/diary-of-an-armageddon-survivor/

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit