4 ezra and revelation

by peacefulpete 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Looks like the parallel in ch. 2 is best explained as dependence on Revelation, considering that this chapter (along with ch. 1) is an interpolation into 4 Ezra also called 5 Ezra....The other parallel from ch. 13 noted earlier, however, is a basic part of 4 Ezra....

As for the possibility of a precursor to 4 Ezra, there are some interesting parallels between 4 Ezra and 4Q Pseudo-Ezekiel.

• gumby
    gumby
    I find them very compelling, suggesting that both 4 Ezra and Mark rely on a common apocalyptic traditions, if not a common literary source.

A common literary course seems more like the probable option. Any apocalyptic tradition no doubt had a literary source as did most belief systems. When and if that literary source is found, it would make some intresting fiction.

Nice work Leolaia. I think you should write your own book personally. You certainly have the qualifications for it. The same goes for Narkmeister. How about one of you as author, one as co-author, and me as editor since I do such a wonderful job in my spelling...LOL lol lol (3 lol's for emphasis)

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What did you do with Gumby - give him up ya b*st*rd!!!

Would this lend further support to the preterist view, in connection with Matt.27:49-54 ?

(I'm thinking especially relating to Barnabas 12:1; 4Ez.1:22-23; 5:4-5, quoted by Leo)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Yeah the 4 Ezra 15 and 16 parallels can be discounted as well as this apparently is also a Christian appendage. The Matt parallels would seem to bear on Q research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit