How many of you were nervous?

by Confusedgirl 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confusedgirl
    Confusedgirl

If you are taught the JW Organization is your link to god, it is so hard to think of leaving everything. Like a hole that will not be filled again, there is so horrible things that have happened in the world, could it be that there is no everlasting life for us, so many questions and to think of giving up everyone makes me sick to my stomach. But I want to be happy and I'm not, does anyone feel empty?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I really know how you are feeling.. I felt that way only about half a year ago or so. When you leave the org. entirely, things start making a lot more sense.. you realize that the world isnt as black and white as they would have you believe. Stick around here and keep asking questions, form your own belifes based on evidence. You'll have to do a lot of reading and research and soul searching, but it really is worth it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I felt really lost when I decided the WTBTS was causing people to be very judgemental and unloving. But when I found out about all their lies and doctrinal flip flops I felt free to exit without any guilt. I then started thinking if they lied about so much could they have been lying about Jesus, too. I started attending a big church and went in my worst threads just to get the reaction. I was treated like royalty and still am. The senior pastor tells me alot that he is honored that I am with them. It's all clear to me now. The WTBTS wants to keep the human race away from Jesus and they don't care how they do it. If you stay in your doomed and most people that leave the borg become atheists because of the hypocrisy. Either way the WTBTS has won. It has kept them from knowing and being known by Jesus so it just laughs and gets more people deceived by its mind controlling crap.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Confused Girl.

Hi. For me the emptiness was there for years, but only until I found this site. As I got better acquainted with all the information available, even purchasing the book Crises of Conscience, which served as a buffer for many of the feelings of disillusionment I experienced after learning that all was not well in OZ. In time, the emptiness you experince may subside, and you may find that you have the potential to be the happiest you've ever been, above and beyond any feeling that may've been experienced while JW. You may find your authentic self and grow wings to assist you in your journey, and find a place in this life of comfortability. I felt just as confused as you when I first walked in the door a year or so ago. I truly have never been happier than I am right now.

Art

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Yes, I felt about like you...amazingly much like you!!!

... the reason I stopped was due to hypocrisy (exposing of child abuse issues on Dateline May 2002) and lack of love. (as those show they don't have the true religion) Yes, I had a huge hole for a while until I did my research of the WTBS. It has been 1.5 years for me.

I always thought about the song: "Make the truth your own"........as meaning, my relationship is purely between me and Jehovah anyways...why do I need a religion to have that relationship?

Steve Hassan's books (Combatting Cult Mind Control and Releasing the Bonds) are excellent to read.......and "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse"...(can't remember the author's name). Being aware of the "real history" behind the WTBS is a must for anyone.

Your journey has just begun...

CodeBlue

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think the initial stages are eased if your focus is on God and not either an organisation, or (later on) even a book.

Of course, then you start redefining God, but by that point you've eased through the initial stages of fear...
    Eventually your own philosophy for life emerges.
    Don't underestimate how long it can take, though, nor harden your mind to what twists and turns it may career through.

Life is a rollercoaster, and meant for living...

• dh
    dh

Hi, welcome to the forum!

If you are taught the JW Organization is your link to god, it is so hard to think of leaving everything.

For me personally, being raised in the machine, in such an 'all or nothing' environment, when it came time to leave, it was easy, the one time the PO (who I studied with up to baptism) invited me back to the memorial, I laughed and told him he should know me better, if I go, it is full, if I don't, it's not at all. I did not find it hard to leave the JW's, but it was and is a rough road in finding answers, and in finding out that the only answers there are, are the ones we choose to accept, because nothing is set in stone. Leaving everything? Look at it like this... What you see as everything now, in years to come will look like nothing. It's like the straw in your eye, blocking your vision, but you only see that the further away you stand. It's perspective.

Like a hole that will not be filled again,

Think of yourself as a dougnut! The hole doesn't need filling, in fact it's kinda cool

there is so horrible things that have happened in the world,

As long as there has been talk of God, there have been horrible things in the world, maybe that is the problem.

could it be that there is no everlasting life for us,

Do you NEED everlasting life, you did not 'NEED' this life... So what if you die, you get your shot, then it's over. If there is more, you'll find out when you get there! Why waste this life hoping for another which may not even exist.

so many questions and to think of giving up everyone makes me sick to my stomach.

Are you giving them up, or are they giving you up? Real friends don't kick you to the curb when you change your mind about something.

But I want to be happy and I'm not, does anyone feel empty?

LOL, emptiness personified.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

dh:

Think of yourself as a dougnut! The hole doesn't need filling, in fact it's kinda cool

OMG, that is so sagely
    Homer Simpson has just leapt ten notches in my estimation!

• Gill
    Gill

Homer is right! Of course he would be with a name like that!

Yes I was very nervous for a while on leaving dubland but it gets better and better...

Everyday, in everyway, I'm getting better and better.......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gill:

Everyday, in everyway, I'm getting better and better.......

More feisty, too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit