Do Elders serve as Agents of the WTS/CCoJW

by doinmypart 9 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

On Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, under the topic Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. It states:

Publicly announced in January of 2001, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a legally recognized corporation which distinguishes the religious order known as Jehovah's Witnesses from the other corporations operated by their organization. Its primary duty of is to facilitate the spreading of the "good news."

This corporation operates along with Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. It may pass direction to travelling overseers and local congregation elders or body of elders, and even to the body of elders through the travelling overseers. District overseers, circuit overseers and the body of elders in each congregation are considered an extension of the corporation and serve to dissemenate communications to the congregations from the corporation (and by association, the Governing Body), and to organize congregational arrangements in accord with directions from the corporation.

I think the last sentence in the quote is interesting considering the WTS is trying to blur the line of command between the Corporation and local elders.

The entry reads like something WTS would print, but since anyone can edit Wikipedia I'm not sure. The IP addresses of people that edited the entry are listed, can someone determine if WTS wrote the above? Are elders in fact Agents of any of the Corporations?

If the WTS wrote this, wouldn't this hurt them in any legal battles?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I think the old argument "I was just following orders" is not going to work for JW (it didn't work for the Nazis). Everybody down the line is going to be accountable.

Sooner or later all these legal troubles will involve some concerted effort on the part of the federal authorities (FBI, etc..) since most of this stuff is interstate, and involves at the very least obstruction of justice, not to mention other felonies.

The clock is ticking, justice will prevail.

Maybe some higher up JW's who dismissed the outside world and police for so long, will be prosecuted, and have no choice but to accept the reality of the outside world, since they'll be sitting in a jail cell somewhere, being somebody's bitch!@

• FairMind
    FairMind

I would say that elders are definitely agents for the WTS. Their direction comes directly from the WTS through letters or from the CO. COs' will tell you that they are representatives for the WTS. Elders on up are all part of the management team.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Personally, it made me nauseous when someone on Beliefnet had said the JWs are now going by that CCJW! How phony is that?

The further they get from acting anything LIKE Jesus, the more they try to make others think they're Christian. It just made me sick.

They're still lying, stinking RATS, pulling on sheep costumes.

Annie

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

an extension of the corporation

The Watchtower "Corporation". ugh.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The Watchtower "Corporation". ugh.

Maybe someday they'll get a pang of honesty and call it the Watchtower Publishing Corporation.

Annie

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Is CCJW just one segment of the Society's many corporations or do all JW's come under that title since 2001?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

CCJW is jehovahs witnesses. the watchtower is in no way related to JWs anymore. So unless you are trying to take down a book factory for violating osha or something the watchtower is innocent of almost any accusation escpecially since 2001. You'll have to knock on the CCJW door and they don't have many assets beside pieces of paper saying they exist and tax free office space. The ROTJ is another order of JW monks and recives speacial tax status. The basically divorced JWs by making the elders sevants of a headless sepent while the wtbs runs frantically aways from being related to what some people claim is a dangerous cult.

• DocBob
    DocBob

For years, we were told that the elders and ministerial servants were appointed by the governing body. After I was appointed as an elder, I found that was not the case. I was rather surprised when we recommended another man to be an elder and the form (s-302) came back confirming his appointment. The form was signed, not by the governing body, but by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. I don't know how the forms have been signed since CCoJW was formed, but for the years previous to that, the elders were appointed by the WTB&TS of NY Inc, and therfore should be considered as agents of that corporation. All that was just one more straw.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

XQSThaipoes: "CCJW is jehovahs witnesses. the watchtower is in no way related to JWs anymore. So unless you are trying to take down a book factory for violating osha or something the watchtower is innocent of almost any accusation escpecially since 2001."

This is absolutely the reason they formed those corporations I think. It is a smart move actually that protects their assests.

What many of you dont know is that much, and I mean MUCH of the policy now that is given to the elders is related to them verbally by CO's and not in writing, sure they are told to write it in the Pay Attention elders manual but they can never actually prove where they got the info. This also I think is to shield the CCoJW from litigious indivuals and also allows them to use elders as scapegoats. Pretty clever actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit