12,000-Year-Old Bones Found in Kansas

by hawkaw 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AloneinOh
    AloneinOh

Doesn't surprise me any. I live in an area that has been occcupied since the glaciers retreated. I live on the edge of what was once a huge glacial lake that is now only 90 acres in size. I hunt for stone points and tools every chance I get. This area is littered with them. Last year I found 3 flint drills in the same spot. I have many different ball knives, large and small, among all sorts of other tools. I also found a nice stone hoe and a large game ball last fall.

I have one area I search that produces paleo era items every couple of years. The paleo were more nomadic than the later people and no one has yet found a paleo encampment....just miscelaneous tools. I also have a few spots that were definately villages. You can stand in one spot and find broken pieces all over the place. Old burial mounds and occupied caves annd shelters are quite common around here. I know of two untouched mounds that I go to on ocassion....just to sit and reflect. No one knows, but me and the farmer. I will never tell either....if anyone finds out, they would be dug up and examined.

Just from what I have found, it is fairly obvious to me that man has been here quite a long time. The evidence seems to suggest that the ancient people, such as the glacial kames followed the retreating glaciers up into the Ohio valley.

Some people came across the land bridge, but in my humble opinion, man was here long before that.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The association of the tools with mammoth bones is also interesting, considering the megafauna extinction debate.

Precisely what I was thinking!

• Mary
    Mary
    Where this 'JW' logic that you are sharing fails is that... 'man' would have had to really 'hot-foot' it from waaaaaay over there (near Eden) to waaaaaay over here... (Kansas - "Oh,Toto! I don't think we're in... Eden anymore!") set up camp - and go out to start killing animals with rock tools. But wait! Killing animals for food didn't happen till after the fabled flood.

In that case, they'd probably say that it was was Satan de Debbil that's uh, planting all these fossils and bones in order to "blind the minds of the unbelievers"

What's really hilarious is when you ask an 8 year old Witness kid how long ago the dinosaurs lived. They will almost always reply with "65 million years ago"---thanks to watching Jurassic Park.....seems the kids have more brains than the adults!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"beside the remains, in a hermetically sealed box, were found a perfectly preserved pair of ruby slippers..."

I think this is fascinating. I hope it proves true, rather than fame-bringing exaggeration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit