Elders stepping out of bounds

by homme perdu 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

When I was very young the elders told my mother that my unbaptized teen sister could not go to the public park on days that brothers would socialize at due to her lack of morals. Three years ago my brother moved in with my grandmother. He is baptised but faded from the organization 10+ years ago. My grandmother recieved a letter from the elder instructing her to boot my brother out her house.

Has anyone experianced something similiar?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

It's a cult and the org's hench men (elders) control your life and stick their noses where they don't belong. They also seem to enjoy asking very personal questions to women in perticular.

Dragonlady76

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Nope but that'd definitely be out of bounds. If the gathering was a "congregation get-together" the elders would probably feel like they had some jurisdiction as to who should be invited. Your bro living with your grandma was most likely none of their beeswax.

Sorry- What dragonlady said too.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They would see him as "bad association" and stress that she has no obligation to help or support him, in fact he could damage her spirituality

• Balsam
    Balsam

My ex-husband (an active JW) was told to kick our oldest son out of the house because he was disfellowshipped. They said he is 18 and has not business living here if he doesn't want to serve Jehovah. My son did get on his feet and move out pretty quickly. But his Dad was pressured to make him move.

Balsam

• Gill
    Gill

Balsam - That's terrible! An eighteen year old is still a child in many ways. How heartless!

• under74
    under74

I have tons of stories involving elders intervening in stuff they should have kept their noses out of.

My grandmother was told not to take her medications by elders and ended up killing herself within weeks (it was medication for depression and dementia).

The majority of the KH my family attended when I was a kid was told not to help us out when we were going through financial difficulties.

My family was told to cut off ties with any extended family that were not JW.

My older siblings were "counseled" because they had contact with "worldly" family members.

And the list goes on....

• Bryan
    Bryan

In the 70's, my father was an elder. Some of us used to go to a German Beer Garden after thursday night meeting to eat and dance. One night when we arrived, there were two elders standing at the door of the restaurant like Cherubs! They told my father and everyone else that we could not enter. I was very young, probably 6 or 7, but we left and went home. I have no idea if dad complained about the vigilant elders.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

We had an elder in my old cong. His oldest son and daughter in law were both disfellowshipped. They had a two year old and she was pregnant again. The son was very sick and could not support his family. The elder and his former missionary wife allowed their son and his family to move into their home for a while. The other two elders, who were bot much less experienced to the "truth" and to elderhood, counseled him. Before all was said and done they had gone to the CO and as a result Bro M was removed as a elder. Fortunately, we got a new CO and the brother was reappointed in 6 months. He is a very good man and his wife, well, in a perfect world she'd be an elder...it was hard to watdh them being treated so unjustly. Yet, they are stilla part of it.

• franklin J
    franklin J

..The sad truth is that people let themselves be taken advantage of....I do not mean to be callous but this is how this sort of issue is viewed from those on the "outside".

Why can't these poor souls stand up to the damned elders doing the manipulation and SAY NO! /THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS__GET OUT!

If I can do it; so can others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit