Discipline for the unbaptized

by homme perdu 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

Does such thing exist?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It does in some form because i got dragged into a Judicial Committee meeing for being a very naughty boy and was privately reproved...couldnt answer at the watchtower meeting for a while and couldnt go on field service....i was gutted...NOT

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If the unbaptized is an "unbaptized publisher", then it can be announced that they are "no longer an unbaptized publisher". There's no official policy about them that I know of, but nobody wants their kid hanging around one.

Why do you ask?

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

im just curious

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I was an unbaptized publisher and got into trouble more than once , but I don't remember then announcing anything, but I can tell you that all the elite class of kids didn't really associate with me much.

Dragonlady76

The elite janitors or the elite window washers?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yeah they remove privileges like commenting, preaching, carrying mics, etc. They also announce that someone has been reproved or as mentioned that they are no longer an unbaptized publisher. And it does carry the stink of death in that no one wants anyone associating with you even if it is an unspoken rule and publicly they are told to help "encourage" that weak one.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well................

Where do I start. I was born a Witness 4th Generation if you will. Trying to get baptized for 2 years going to all meetings, going out in service making at least 15 to 20 hours a month. Answering and giving talks etc etc etc. Did everything I was supposed to do. Then I meet.... well actually started to date a young man(known all my life) in the congregation. He was baptized since the age of 13 and he was very well known and liked by many. We started to date while I was going through the process of trying to get baptized. I would set up meetings to answer the questions and every single one was cancelled a day or even an hour before the meeting would start. I tried and tried. I thought to myself many people who get baptized have a ring on their finger as soon as it was all over with. Well I was different I thought you know what I have been a witness all my life and I love Jehovah and I want to prove myself to him and I didn't want everyone to think I was getting baptized just to get married. So my husband well Boy Friend at the time asked me to marry him and I said yes because I truly loved him. We set the date of our wedding and my wedding shower. So many of the people in the congregation came up to us and said"We are so Happy for you!" "Congrats!""When is the wedding?" Elders and their wives were apart of those who asked about our upcoming wedding. I knew I could not get married at the KH and it did not bother me I never wanted to get married there anyway. Alot of my family who got married did not get married in the hall. It never was something I wanted in the first place. Then came my wedding shower. I sent invites to family and Friends. And the friends that I sent the invites to ....my family had been friends with them for years and years. Well only a few people showed up at the party. I was crushed thinking did I do something wrong? Did I miss something? Well it was a total shock. I thought well I guess I am wrong for getting married with out being baptized. However when I went to the meeting the next day people came up to me as if nothing happened. It was like it never happened. Well I thought you know what maybe it was a mistake. I let it go. Well then my wedding was coming up. The Thursday night before my wedding there was a needs talk(thank god I was not there) They marked us. They said to our congregation(4 surrounding ones as well) that I was an unbeliever because I was not baptized. It was a wedding that was unevenly yoked. They said we were told not to get married and wait until I was baptized but we told them we were in love. They said anyone who goes could loose their privileges in the congregation. They NEVER warned me or my husband. Never once said anything to me. On my wedding day there was going to be 300 people and only 130 showed. I was so hurt and sad on that day but I just kept my chin up and put a smile on my face.

When we went to the meeting after we were married I was treated like SHIT. I was a disease to them. No one even talked with me and when they saw me coming they looked away. Still I kept on I still asked to be baptized. After we talked with the society about everything saying we were lied to and treated horrible they brought 3 new elders in. After they came and saw the whole mess they took us my husband and I in a back room and told us that they were sorry for not warning us about what would have happened. I remember telling them why was i called and unbeliever when it clearly says in the bible"they began to believe and then they were baptized. Also why was I told to go out in service and preach the good new if I was told I truly did not believe in it? They did not answer those questions. I took it and forgave them. I still kept trying to get baptized. Almost a year later of being married I was finally baptized. I was still treated as a horrible unworthy person. My in-laws wrote letter back and forth seeking punishment. Which was right they(Elder's) should have been DF'ed or something because they were caught in a lie. Well after awhile the Society wrote back as said the Elders told them they warned us and told us what would have happened if we got married. Funny isn't it when you are told one thing and then another. I hate lies and I hate lairs.

Brooke

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

WhyamIhere:

Unbelieveable story... .... I've never been a JW, and when I read things like this, it amazes me that such negative, sourpuss, holier-than-thou people can still attract people to their meetings. Scheesch....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

A very sad story.and it makes me mad.

whilst i have every sympathy for you this is not uncommon; surround yourself with true friends...people who will stand by you unconditionally...people like those at the KH you do not need;

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit