Funny FS experiences

by Effervescent 9 Replies latest social humour

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I was just watching an old rerun of "The Nanny" where Frans Mom talks about trying to put spice into her marriage by meeting her husband at the door naked. Fran makes a face and her mother says "Meanwhile you'll never see Jehovah's Witnesses in the building AGAIN".

I remember hearing funny stories about people coming to the door naked etc, but nothing quite THAT interesting happened to me. I do remember a few humorous things, like getting chased back to the van by what I could only call an "attack goose". I also remember one summer day aux. pioneering and coming across a rather large and VERY dead porcupine in the road. This was one of those windy backwoods Oregon roads and there was NO getting around this thing. In our genius three of us got out and pushed it with branches until we moved it out of the way. I can still picture us all in heels, holding our breaths and poking a dead bloated animal off the road. UGH!

Anyone else have any funny FS stories?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wasnt with them but a family member was..... an old lady pioneer ( mid 80s) went to the door and used a watchtower article about seperating the sheep from the goats.... and when the man at the door turned the mags down she called him a goat. the other sister with her said she didnt say ANYTHING to the guy herself because if she opened her mouth she was going to laugh her butt off. next local needs talk, " Dont call people at the door goats" Lmao

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Well someone once said they were busy so the woman taking the door said "I'll be brief", he said "me too" and dropped his pants.

And there was a goat with its head stuck in a fence..an elder tried to free the goat and zapped himself in the forehead on the electric wire. And here I thought we were out to make sheep..

Been mooned before as well.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I once called on a guy. He cuts me off during my presentation and says "Look, I'm disfellowshipepd" the brother with me was an elder so he took over the conversation the householder replied "And I'm a evil apostste" the elder persisted so he yell "AND I CHEW AND DIGEST DEAD BABIES"...at that point we cut our losses and left.

Ever hear the one about the householder who said "If I take these mags I'm gonna use them for toilet paper" The brother promoptly turned to the scripture that says "The bible is sharper than a 2 edged sword"

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Experiences at the door: 1 - I was talking to some guy on the door and he seemed really interested in what I was saying so I started to get quite hopeful that he'd let us in but I was kinda annoyed by the Elder who was with me because he kept sniggering. Eventually the guy said he wasn't interested and shut the door. I was so mad and turned to remonstrate with my comp only for him to explain that the guy's zipper was down and he was all displayed during my whole discussion - obviously making fun of me. 2 - The door was opened by a large nordic lady with flowing golden waist length hair and a very ample chest. I stumbled through my 'door approach' and finished lamely with the words - 'So we'd like to tell you about the truth M'am' at which point my comp snorted with laughter and turned away and the full horror of the situation dawned on me. It wasnt a woman but a huge body building bloke with pecs the size of my head. I thought I was going to die a horrible punch in the face type death. Fortunately HE just closed the door without saying anything. If your reading this big blonde nordic guy....sorry, honest mistake but you do have wonderful pecs:) 3 - I had a born again start talking in tongues and rebuked us in the Lord's name. We hung around to annoy him.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Had a return visit at the end of a cul-de-sac that I called on once or twice a month. I got the impression that they didn't want me to come back the last time I went there. The P.O's wife and I were walking back down the long driveway after going to the door and no one answered. About 1/2 way back to the car the man and his wife turned into the cul-de-sac and saw us. He gunned his big white Buick, circled the cul-de-sac and drove off with the P.O.'s wife standing there laughing at me and saying " There goes your return visit, why are they running from you?" The sisters in the car group wanted me to follow him and place some literature anyway.

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Regular pioneering for 2.5 years, plus always being active in service from a young age, I've had quite a few humourous experiences over the years.

I remember one older sister, she was very zealous, and would stop at no ends to reach someone she thought was hiding in the house. Once, she opened the guy's pickup truck and starting honking on the horn when it seemed he wouldn't answer the door. Another time she walked right into the house, saying she had known the person for years. On another occasion, at an senior's home, she gave an older, timid gentleman some magazines and then demanded that he donate. She had known this man for many years as well. The man didn't seem to want to donate, so he searched around his pockets and pulled out some change, but in the process also pulled out a $5 bill. As soon as she saw it, the older sister reached for it, and said, "here, donate this $5." The man obviously didn't want too, but the older sister insisted, saying, "you live in this old age home, what do you need this money for?". And thats how she got the $5 donation...lol.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    The man obviously didn't want too, but the older sister insisted, saying, "you live in this old age home, what do you need this money for?". And thats how she got the $5 donation...lol.

This sounds so much like someone I know and has been a pain in my ass for the last 20 years. Is her name Mabel?

Walter

• JW83
    JW83

I remember an older sister who talked a lot witnessing to a guy sitting in his rocker on a porch and even leaving magazines with him - it turned out he was dead and she didn't notice! I don't know how true this is but we all believed it at the time!

I'm researching JWs in Australia & came across a funny experience of a sister in 1941 saying: "You are not fit to tighten the latchet on my shoe" to a journalist - what the hell is a latchet?!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A latchet is what you do when you shut the gate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit