Hello - I'm new here

by boydarwin 44 Replies latest jw friends

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Welcome. May your postings here be long and prosperous and may your threads never die (or at least after a reasonably amount of time ).

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome, BoyDarwin! I like your name. Why did you choose it?

SNG

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Welcome to the family...odd bunch but we're fun.

RGW

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Greetings & Salutations, BoyDarwin!

We're a greedy bunch, so tell us more. We'd like to get to know you...

--Merry

• Kaique
    Kaique

Welcome! Are you JW or ex-JW?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome BD

You will find that there are folks here that have info on things you never heard of before - always something new. Jump on it and enjoy

Jeff

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hiya.
    Welcome to the site

• clementine
    clementine

welcome on the board!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome traveller...hope to see you round soon

• boydarwin
    boydarwin

Hi again,

Wow....what a welcome. Thank you all very much. I see in some of your welcome notes that a couple questions have been asked. I will try answer them.

Am I a JW or an ex JW. The answer is I don't know really. I am not sure what category I fit in. I am baptized. I got dipped when I was 14 (cause elder dad was starting to get heat that I had not signed up so to speak) and am now in my mid 30's. I was a ministerial servant at 17. Removed as a servant at 21. Disfellowshipped at 23. Reinstated 6 months later, more then anything else cause i bluffed my way through. After I was reinstated, I went through the motions and was a good boy for about a year. Then for lack of a better expression I just got tired. I slowly stopped going. Then I started reading. I was pissed off over a lot of things. Things started to bug me. I had questions that no one wanted to answer. Things stopped making sense. I stopped believing. I have been inactive since then. I guess I am still on the books. No one has come to see me in years. I bump into people every once and a while and they say things like " we miss you" "special talk coming up you should come" "memorial time soon" blah blah blah. I had a meeting with the elders where I told them I was pretty much done with it. They said "well, there isn't much we can do then, if you don't want help we can't help, call us when you need us" I haven't called, and they no longer ask.

Sooooo....I don't know what I am. I guess I have disassociated myself with out ever letting them no. I live the life I want, sort of celebrate Xmas, smoke and I don't hide it. I think I am waiting for the day they wake up and give me the boot, I just don't want to do the legwork for them.

You tell me....what would you all call me.

Oh...and boydarwin. Well....I am a boy trapped in a man's body (peter pan syndrome) surviving, evolving, trying to reinvent myself or at least re-become what I woulda, shoulda been if I had not have wasted roughly 25 years of my life being what everyone else wanted me to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit